• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting Skunked, and dealing with the disappointment....

S

screwtop

Posting a new thread..........It's like casting a line with your favorite fly, sitting in a tree stand waiting for that big buck that never shows, or sending out 100 copies of your resume for that first job opportunity.

Will you get any hits?..........or will you get SKUNKED??

You know, that sinking feeling in your chest when you look to see if anyone's responded to your post, and you see the goose-egg (0), nada, zilch, the null set?

Having been skunked, I'm developing some thicker skin. But early on, it was hard to deal with. Usually, I withdrew.........stayed off the forum for a couple of days until the ill-fated post faded into oblivion. Now, I just don't give a ****.

But I still love you guys/gals.

So, safe riding all. Have a good weekend (even if your splines fail or your final drives take a dump).

I was taught that not all things in life are fare. Please do not be disappointed. You just need to be more creative. Also we are not allowed to use swear words. I like to throw curves at folks on the forum. The forum is a great tool. It is nice to keep in touch with my extended family.

Take Care and Keep Your Chin Up.
Pat Carol

Posting a new thread..........It's like casting a line with your favorite fly, sitting in a tree stand waiting for that big buck that never shows, or sending out 100 copies of your resume for that first job opportunity.

Will you get any hits?..........or will you get SKUNKED??

You know, that sinking feeling in your chest when you look to see if anyone's responded to your post, and you see the goose-egg (0), nada, zilch, the null set?

Having been skunked, I'm developing some thicker skin. But early on, it was hard to deal with. Usually, I withdrew.........stayed off the forum for a couple of days until the ill-fated post faded into oblivion. Now, I just don't give a ****.

But I still love you guys/gals.

So, safe riding all. Have a good weekend (even if your splines fail or your final drives take a dump).

Posting to make sure that you don't get skunked..... :brow

worse than a (0)(something) post is being a thread killer. 30, 40, 50 posts in then you say something which you don't think is that dumb and bye bye thread.

(please let this thing sink of the board now):D

You have started 58 threads and been skunked on 5.

I have started 80 threads and been skunked on 8.

We have a similar batting average.

I fixed yours. :deal

Dang! 7 threads started within the last 24 hours!

I guess that's what we get for encouraging you. :D

Thanks all for the de-skunkings.

Belquar, my average looks pretty good now. Life's easier when ya can laugh at yourself. I'm just getting sore from laughing.

Thanks all for the de-skunkings.

Belquar, my average looks pretty good now. Life's easier when ya can laugh at yourself. I'm just getting sore from laughing.

My pleasure. It was quiet last night at work. Have a good weekend. :D

This is pretty interesting. . . . I never ran the stats before. I'm 47/2 in skunksville. My threads are all pretty pedestrian, though. I'm not out on the edge like you anarchists.

But I've also been a thread-killer. Thanks Bubba for putting a name to that vague phenomenon that I fear so greatly. . . .

I don't think I've ever been the cause of something being sent to the doghouse. :buds

Guilty as charged

But I've also been a thread-killer. Thanks Bubba for putting a name to that vague phenomenon that I fear so greatly. . . .

I don't think I've ever been the cause of something being sent to the doghouse. :buds
:nono

On both counts

This is pretty interesting. . . . I never ran the stats before. I'm 47/2 in skunksville. My threads are all pretty pedestrian, though. I'm not out on the edge like you anarchists.

Something to shoot for Tom. :stick

worse than a (0)(something) post is being a thread killer. 30, 40, 50 posts in then you say something which you don't think is that dumb and bye bye thread.

I only come around to the forum sporadically, but it's nice to know that someone with 100 times as many posts has experienced the phenomenon of being the last one on the thread time after time. It doesn't eliminate the possibility that my posts are off the mark or just plain dumb...but it gives me the courage to go on(unless this thread dies here). Thanks for sharing.

Don't know why my QUOTES don't come out in nice little boxes like the rest of you. Must be why my posts kill threads. I had better get my teenaged son to help me on this.

[/QUOTE] must be at the end to be the end all of boxes

Don't know why my QUOTES...
...don't come out in nice little boxes...
...like the rest of you.
Must be why my posts kill threads.
I had better get my teenaged son...
...to help me on this.

Use the code Luke... use the code.

statistics

42 threads started, 1 skunked, 1 with only 1 reply. Not sure how to find the number that I've killed or as I like to think, had the last word on.

Back