• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150RS exhaust headers

1024JLC

Anybody out there have any experience with the Wunderlich headers (PN#86000420 at Santa Cruz BMW) on an R1150RS? They seem to be touting improved performance in HP, torque and lower surging based on an increased diameter from 37mm (stock header) to 45mm, coupled with symmetrical tube lengths. Something about reducing the flow of exhaust gases, allowing a better air mix for the O2 sensor to read. I would be intrested in your feedback, especially since these are +/- $550.00.

Are they worth the investment in performance? Or is there a better route to go?

seems like a

lot of cash$$$$$$$$$
i have an 04 r1150 rt 2 spark with 16k miles to which i have done a few things.
1) check the valve tappet clearance. (set to specs)
2) replace the spark plugs. (with OEM parts)
3) syn the throttle bodies. (real good)
4) replaced computer chip with chip from RhineWest. (bought on E-bay, such a deal)
5) wrapped exhaust pipes with header wrap back to the O2 sensor.

This has caused some important improvements:
1) this thing runs great.
2) the header wrap keeps the heat inside the pipes so the O2 sensor gets maximun heating. (O2 sensors really like it hot)
3) temperatures in the "engine bay" are reduced.
4) heater exhaust gases flow at a higher rate, improving scavanging (allegedly).
5) and last but not least, all my buddies are envious.

seriously, try the exhaust wrap first.

Back