• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Rallye GS1 - boots - NEW

D

davidhpark

These are new boots available from your local BMW dealership. Like most/all BMW products they are not "made" by BMW but outsourced from a 3rd party OEM.

These look like they are made by SIDI given the external ankle protection/hinge. The inside with the lace-up tongue is like the Aerostitch combat touring boots. Thus the combination is supposed to be more off-road ready boots (vs. BMW's current offering which are a joke) but made for "adventure touring".

Price at CalBMW was $275 which is steep but in the range of what you'd pay for boots from Sidi or Alpinestar. FWIW, I'm sticking w/my Alpinestars both the Vectors and the Tech 8's (which can't be beat). But for those BMW customers who own a GS yet have never been to another store other than their local dealer (or maybe even offroad) this is a product that I think will sell.

More pictures on ADVrider via this link:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=214397#post214397

Regards,

David H. Park
www.dhpmoto.com
david@dhpmoto.com

www.jimmylewisoffroad.com - Adventure and Enduro/off-road training w/BMW's Paris-Dakar pilot and Cycle World off-road editor

Attachments

• rallye gs1-1-sm.jpg
    rallye gs1-1-sm.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,918
Back