• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Necessity is the mother of invention

KUTCHER

Its getting brisk first thing in the morning around here...~40F...
So until I figure out what shield to get...

Dakar meets GS in a tape war...

Attachments

• front iso.jpg
    front iso.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 117
Believe it or not, it works pretty good!
I've only got the wind hitting my shoulders now.

Attachments

• iso.jpg
    iso.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 114
1) -8 points for using masking tape. This is clearly a job for 200-mph tape! You're bordering on a Man-Card violation, there, Buddy. :nono

2) I thought this was going to be a Frank Zappa thread.

3) Besides, as the man who knows all thing ingenuity related, Dr. Henry Petroski, says, failure is the true mother of invention.

4) My favorite thing about your "Fairing, modified, field expedient, Mk. 0" is the clever use of Energizer D-cell batteries as spacers!

1- I had no super duper tape at time of installation /inspiration.

2.- Frank who?....Just kidding.

3.- I have been wondering when this thing is going to strike me in the head @ speed.. But so far highway speeds and holding. Already Polizei inspected and laughed at...

4.-Ha! You picked out the batteries!
The perfect wedge i had laying around the garage at the time! changed out this afternoon at work with 1" PVC. Mass reduction - mass centralization in the works!
Look out Buell...!:D

Be careful. you are playing with fire.

Don't you know that is where rat bikes start out from?

Back