Thread: ergonomics

ergonomics

What other European bikes have ergo's similar to the F650GS and the R11/12GS?

Are other Euoropean manufacturers' bikes as "lowerable" as BMW's?

What percentage of BMWMOA members do think have lowered their rides?
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Current bike: 2015 Yamaha TW 200, modified for road/street use with tire, sprocket upgrades. "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

screwtop
    Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post
    What other European bikes have ergo's similar to the F650GS and the R11/12GS?

Are other Euoropean manufacturers' bikes as "lowerable" as BMW's?

What percentage of BMWMOA members do think have lowered their rides?
    Well, there's the Ducati Multistrada, and the triumph Tiger if you like chain slingers. I don't know about the ability to lower either of these, but the Ducati does come with a nice Ohlins suspension as an option. The KTM Duke was a cool bike and although not european, the Buell Ulysses is kind of interesting too IMHO.

I've always kind of thought of my GS as a "big dirt bike for the road". I'll admit however, that I've never had it off road, and don't plan to.

Also, Howard, if you check your last issue of ON, you'll see the advertisement for the Wilber's shocks for the R12GS on page 5. Looks like they make a pretty significant difference. Pricey, but probably well worth it.

Regards,

ST