• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photo Assignment: Weekend 9/15/07

S

SNC1923

OK, let's keep this rolling. Last week's assignment turned out great, with quite a few people willing to share their work and give all of us an opportunity to learn a thing or two (myself included).

Let's review the rules:

--Photos have to be shot this weekend, Fri, Sat, or Sun.
--You must provide the EXIF information if asked (we'll help you, if you'd like to know how to get it)
--No photoshop alteration (we're looking to improve your skills with your camera, not software)
--Your photograph must adhere to the theme, which will be described below.
--Post your photos in this thread only. DO NOT start a thread in reply to this assignment.
--Post only one photo per post, so that commentary can be easily provided for that photo.
--And, the most important rule - Have Fun! We're looking to spread the joy that many of us derive from taking pictures, particularly ones that tell a story of some kind.

This week's theme: "Where I Want to Be."

This could be a location, a stage in life, what you want to become. . . . Or many other interpretations. (You have NO IDEA how hard it is to think of a theme!) I hope it is open to innumerable interpretations, motorcycle and otherwise.

Photography ends Sunday at Midnight. Please post your photos no later than Wednesday, midnight--try for earlier.

I am in need of a celebrity co-commentator. PM me if you are interested. I'll be at the Beemer Bash until Sunday, so you won't hear from me until then.

Good luck and happy shooting!

Excellent! Hopefully I can find a good shot this weekend at the Beemers and Brats Rally. Thanks for doing this - helping me learn to take better photos! :thumb

Don't forget to read through last weeks thread for some helpful hints regarding
composition.

C'mon - there's gotta be some folks out there who did some shooting this weekend. Let's see them!!!!

I'll throw one of mine in from Friday:
196809529-M.jpg

C'mon - there's gotta be some folks out there who did some shooting this weekend. Let's see them!!!!
I had a great upstate-NY ride this weekend, but no pictures... I took the camera along, but didn't stop to take it out!!!

Start out in Delmar, NY and ride down to the Pepacton Reservoir (ride the reservoir twice) and then head back to Beff's in Delmar for a beer! About 4.5 hours on a great late-summer day!

Here is a link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=delmar,+ny&daddr=Margaretville,+ny+to:RT-206%2FRT-30+%4042.077350,+-74.991870+to:RT-145%2FRT-30+%4042.599530,+-74.337090+to:42.622276,-73.832974&mrcr=3&mrsp=4&sz=15&mra=mi&sll=42.619781,-73.840871&sspn=0.029369,0.053644&ie=UTF8&ll=42.333169,-74.369202&spn=0.944128,1.716614&z=10&om=1

This ride puts a smile on my face every time... :)

I can make a GPX if anyone's interested.

Last edited:
I had a great upstate-NY ride this weekend, but no pictures... I took the camera along, but didn't stop to take it out!!!

Start out in Delmar, NY and ride down to the Pepacton Reservoir (ride the reservoir twice) and then head back to Beff's in Delmar for a beer! About 4.5 hours on a great lats-summer day!

Here is a link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=delmar,+ny&daddr=Margaretville,+ny+to:RT-206%2FRT-30+%4042.077350,+-74.991870+to:RT-145%2FRT-30+%4042.599530,+-74.337090+to:42.622276,-73.832974&mrcr=3&mrsp=4&sz=15&mra=mi&sll=42.619781,-73.840871&sspn=0.029369,0.053644&ie=UTF8&ll=42.333169,-74.369202&spn=0.944128,1.716614&z=10&om=1

This ride puts a smile on my face every time... :)

I can make a GPX if anyone's interested.

Sounds like we should have run into each other.. Sergio, Orlando and I met in Wurtsboro and flew up 17 to Deposit NY, up rte 10 past Cannonsville reservoir to the Town of Walton, then to Downsville and rte 30 up to Margaretville past Pepacton Reservoir, stopped 15 minutes at Tesslers in Denver, down to Fleischmanns, 28 to 28A past Ashokan Reservoir, then made our way down Mohonk Road through Accord and back to Ellenville.. We barely got off our bikes and didn't take pictures either. But what a day!!:D

While I was not able to ride this week end, I did go to the Zoo, where I volunteer my services in many occasions. I can tell you, I do NOT want to be in this cage.

Attachments

• Coqui B-032.jpg
    Coqui B-032.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 260
Sounds like we should have run into each other.. Sergio, Orlando and I met in Wurtsboro and flew up 17 to Deposit NY, up rte 10 past Cannonsville reservoir to the Town of Walton, then to Downsville and rte 30 up to Margaretville past Pepacton Reservoir, stopped 15 minutes at Tesslers in Denver, down to Fleischmanns, 28 to 28A past Ashokan Reservoir, then made our way down Mohonk Road through Accord and back to Ellenville.. We barely got off our bikes and didn't take pictures either. But what a day!!:D

That's a great ride! You must have gotten an early start.

I bumped into three guys (Harley, Honda and a Suzuki?), and rode with them for a little while. From the plates, they were on a trip north from NC. Honestly, they were only going around 60mph, and I was feeling the need to go a little bit faster. :evil (no disrespect, guys)

I was at the reservoir somewhere between 12:30pm and 1:30pm.

The Pepacton Reservoir is the first place where I really discovered ÔÇ£twistiesÔÇØ, and IÔÇÖll always hold a soft spot for it.

Grand Gorge, New York in the Catskills or the outskerts. Route 30, the best kept secret for twisties and high speed.

Great spot, isn't it?!?! Very friendly people out that way, too. I've yet to have an unpleasant interaction with anyone out there, and everyone wants to talk when stopped to refuel…

Here's where I'd love to be . . .

Just starting out on two wheels.

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• September 077.jpg
    September 077.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 206
These are great. I got nuttin'. I was at a Family Reunion.
Some people didn't show up or we would need a bigger camera.
Family1.jpg

Back