• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A rant on the local Honda dealer.

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
For the past few years, we've been mail ordering tires, pulling the wheels on our bikes and taking them to the local Honda dealer for mounting. It's been a nice easy process and they only charged $25 per wheel.

About a month ago, I took my hubby's tires over and they charged me $40 per wheel. They explained that they can order any tires and be competitely priced so if you don't buy the tires there, they will charge more.

Now I need tires and I figured I'd let them order them. As it turns out, the tires were $20 more for each one but with mounting and balancing it came to only $10 more than I would have paid so I figured I'd support the local guy.

Tonight, I went to drop the bike off. The service guy asks for the make and model then tells me, "Oh, sorry, we can't install tires on other brands anymore." WHAT??? Like you couldn't have told me this a week ago when I went through the whole process of ordering them? It's not like they didn't ask me then what I was riding!

As editor of our local club's newsletter, whose members shop there on occasion, you can be sure I'll be writing more about this. I also made them refund my money for the tires that were ordered and paid for. They weren't too happy about that. So they will be holding on to them or eating the cost. What BS!

Back