Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread: How do I post a picture?

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ninety8 View Post
    Pearl 75 years today. Thanx to vets. Don't see where to click to give its own thread? Ceremony on CSPAN now.
    You need to go to a specific part of the forum such as Campfire. In the upper left will be the button for "new thread".
    On this page or others, you are already in a thread so it says "reply".
    ON
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by leehopp View Post
    Here's one not rotated but edited and saved with "chrome" enhancement.
    Attachment 59388

So...it's tempting to conclude that any saved edit will cure the orientation problem.

And here's the same photo after re-editing using the "revert" option (back to original).
    Attachment 59389
    Thanks for the effort on this Lee
    Gary
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

When ever I try...I get attachment or attach image, go to my photo file , select the one I want to post....but then there is no send / attach, etc. Where it says 'file name' I type in the correct number...then it says that it does not exist ?.....frustrating as hell.

I never have a problem sending them from email to friends email....but posting to this & other sites ? impossible.......
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Ron -

I've had great success using the approach I show starting with #12 in this thread:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-the-MOA-Forum

I browse (1) for the image on my computer, then click upload (2). Once the image shows, as in the example "browse.jgp", I click to close the window (3). Then I submit my post in the usual way.

How are you uploading a picture?
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Ron and Kurt,

After I select the image and upload, I have to hit the "Insert Inline" button to make it appear in the post.

Hope this helps.
    Bob Smith
    1998 R1200C
    2005 Rocket III

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Ron -

I've had great success using the approach I show starting with #12 in this thread:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...-the-MOA-Forum

I browse (1) for the image on my computer, then click upload (2). Once the image shows, as in the example "browse.jgp", I click to close the window (3). Then I submit my post in the usual way.

How are you uploading a picture?

That is the problem...I see no 'upload' or send. When I I try to use 'attach' image or file...it ask for a name / file number...when I type that in...it says file does not exist ?
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    That is the problem...I see no 'upload' or send. When I I try to use 'attach' image or file...it ask for a name / file number...when I type that in...it says file does not exist ?
    Should be choose file then upload then done. I've never typed in a file number. Tough to tell what you are doing really- from here.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Are you using the method I mentioned? Does your screen look anything like #13 in the linked thread? As Gary says, no where am I asked to type in a name of the file.

I experimented this morning and see another way that might be easier. It uses the picture icon on the tool bar. Once you select that, you get a box that lets you browse for the picture you want, then you click on upload. You have to do one picture at a time. See the pictures below.

PictureIcon.jpg
    BrowseUploadSteps.jpg
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Are you using the method I mentioned? Does your screen look anything like #13 in the linked thread? As Gary says, no where am I asked to type in a name of the file.

I experimented this morning and see another way that might be easier. It uses the picture icon on the tool bar. Once you select that, you get a box that lets you browse for the picture you want, then you click on upload. You have to do one picture at a time. See the pictures below.

PictureIcon.jpg
    BrowseUploadSteps.jpg

does it matter that I am using windows 10 ? I just tried again , got to the second screen you displayed , clicked chosen files ....then nothing ?
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

does it matter that I am using windows 10 ? I just tried again , got to the second screen you displayed , clicked chosen files ....then nothing ?

sorry...I meant upload files...then nothing ?....Browse is the choice I seem to be missing ?
    Last edited by 71243; 12-08-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Ron -

I'm using Windows 10. The files have to be smallish...no huge megabyte or gigabyte files. It shouldn't take much time. When it works using this method, you'll see something like this in the post:

[ ATTACH ]59408[ /ATTACH ]

I added spaces around the word "Attach" just so it wouldn't render. I just tested a file that was nearly 4Mb big...it took about 15-20 seconds to finally upload the image. Upload is, of course, slower than download and the bigger the file, the longer it will take.

Ron -

I'm using Windows 10. The files have to be smallish...no huge megabyte or gigabyte files. It shouldn't take much time. When it works using this method, you'll see something like this in the post:

[ ATTACH ]59408[ /ATTACH ]

I added spaces around the word "Attach" just so it wouldn't render. I just tested a file that was nearly 4Mb big...it took about 15-20 seconds to finally upload the image. Upload is, of course, slower than download and the bigger the file, the longer it will take.

Thanks I'll try again...
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

All my picís are turned sideways?

What am I doing wrong? whenever I post a picture, it is turned on its side. Thanks.
    IMG_0741.jpg

Are they from your iPhone Mike?
    Gary
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

test

If someone not signed into a google account could let me know if they can see the photo... thanks - Jonathan
    Last edited by rxcrider; 01-30-2017 at 04:57 PM.