Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 LastLast

Thread: How do I post a picture?

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    My experience is with an iPhone 5s and it didn't matter which way I took the picture (portrait or landscape) - always shows up sideways. I tried just rotating simply to what should be the correct orientation and that just made it sideways the other way. Through experimentation I found that rotating all the way around (4 times 90 degrees) clockwise or counterclockwise and re-saved on my Mac prior to upload to the Forum worked fine.

I don't personally know Charlie but had PM's him with my fix method and he was using an iPad (not sure what generation) and don't know if he has editing software or Mac/PC to edit with.

My experience in Business (as a B2B partner) and personally is that Apple will bend to no-one even if they are out of step with the industry so workarounds abound in a lot of areas for compatibility.
    All good info Ken Thanks!
    I will experiment with this. I never user to have the problem once the picture was in the computer. I have a suspicion that my upgrade to El Capitain is the reason for the change (problem).
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Hmmm... many of us (including me) just happened to upgrade to El Capitan!
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by bogthebasher View Post
    Hmmm... many of us (including me) just happened to upgrade to El Capitan!
    Yeah, maybe it's it It always happen from the iPhone so I work around it by posting pictures from the computer.
    Software changes and it always seems like something is amiss (or missing)- do you get sounds from you mail (Apple) anymore?
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Sideways photos

I am new to Mac and in trying to load a photo onto the post a pic thread it comes out sideways. I tried rotating the photo 360 degrees as discussed in this thread, but to no avail. I don't have, any photo editing software other than that which came with the computer. Any thoughts?

Bob -

Is this something that is on your Mac or something that is on the iPhone? Or did you take the picture with the iPhone and moved it over to your Mac? The 360 trick is something I tried on a picture taken with an older iPhone, a 5s. What version phone do you have?
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Direct from iPhone test-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

HI Bob, I meant to get back to this problem a while ago.
    As you can see from the post above, the picture is correctly oriented. This is direct from my iPhone.
    Direct from the iPhone is a bit cumbersome but, while this is the first try, it seems that when you go from iPhone to MAC to the forum, there is an odd picture rotation.
    I'll have to do some more thinking on some sort of workaround or cure.
    This seemed to start with the latest MAC O/S upgrade as it wasn't a problem before that.
    Gary
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

How do I post a picture?

test photos - google killing picasa and making things harder for me

https...
    lh3.googleusercontent.com/8-71eVw-VetRa5PMKiR3mBuChjwKgnPLnwlM1T36tmmLbtuOc0fnOCI6_q KjDEFYFuvY55Ii1h0smD0gzbvPr2NV8Alj8EWLMU1fP-OUa6hopH1_mSaHzYPGkrSazOO6YgXJzB7Usf-7ZDntJteT5lyWavjPWp3QFHkvELu3zyR6cr3twIYnlspR-gV9xcURkWaq1dPjyBP2Q_4YwpyNmejma7T2yjrEbPBcU2PdRRd GEIuxn0mz2gTo00vhqJxuBeyo7wboIcAxQY8w9SYgqHa86L06d B_huJt8vQW9_OAAemymGrKQCWsP1ueQjhD-Dol2qkCkAEfGv2wm9Qxfn2PpmVdW41HI2IhQ6QlDdJtZResJUO HhokD58asEFQXRi0cqFWistqic58iByT454wDJ5T5Kz62P6ZKV _z3kxK1LX89kO_--cen1uO1VOaSRdRTln11_rhFvw8-j5VU8k8rPZ4qlZKbSZ55jXHXPM5OmHdhRebQCDpTiIbSyk2zCJ YpFv1L0Q2DSg9aRm0nwuYnZXRrI9Pexh2o1d2ypHH3gvpbv3hN hAiIEwOd5ZduaoFwb8fQRRQG8TO_qIIGccmYJdOKZzO8=w820-h615-no

A bit more cumbersome, but it sort of worked with a stupid long link and adding ?.jpg to the end of it.

https://sites.google.com/site/picasa...nk-to-an-image

Using Pixite Web Albums to access Google and posting through tapatalk on my iphone things haven't change a bit... yet.

Using pixite web albums:

http...
    lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fffTmyXD550/V6yTciSb1vI/AAAAAAAAGpA/aLTOWRvCviwSPL6dvHX9qpr5rmbI2_3qACHM/s1024-no/IMG_2941.JPG
    --------------------
    Bbcode from smugmug

oEmbed from smugmug

https://rxcrider.smugmug.com/1995-R1100RSL/i-DRbMRFj

[media]https://rxcrider.smugmug.com/1995-R1100RSL/i-DRbMRFj[/media]

Last edited by rxcrider; 09-16-2016 at 02:45 AM.

From Barber this year. No idea whose it is.
    Barber Vintage Days 2016 005.jpg
    Andrew
    MOA # 210167
    Triple Black R1200GSw Liquid Cement Grey Monster 1200 S Bonnie Black Scrambler (carb)

that's very .....dare I say.....green.
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

Quote Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
    ...oEmbed from smugmug...
    After Smug Mug's recent re tooling, I had a tough time pasting images from my Galleries to here, and other sites, but I've finally figured out a way to do it.

The problem was that once I had picked the image size, the control + c function wouldn't save it. What I do now is just left click on the text that appears in the middle of the instruction box, and right click on "copy". Then I move in here, click on the image icon, and paste the image in.

Ever time a particular site re jigs its system, there's trouble for non tech savvy folks like me. I struggled with the new system on ADVrider for quite a while too.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

IMG_1367.jpg

Posted direct from my iphone 6.
    Any fix for orientation problem?

Next: edited on iphone by giving it minimal rotation (2 degrees).
    IMG_1367.jpg

Current iphone picture editor won't allow me to save a pic rotated 360 degrees in one editing session.

Just for fun the following pic was edited on my iphone four different times, saving rotated pic each time.
    IMG_1357.jpg

Conclusion: minimal rotation is easiest and not noticeable IMHO.
    Last edited by leehopp; 12-07-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    Lee
    Wilsonville, OR
    '03 R1150RT, 120K mi

How do you start a thread? Pearl 75

Pearl 75 years today. Thanx to vets. Don't see where to click to give its own thread? Ceremony on CSPAN now.
    Last edited by 8ninety8; 12-07-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Here's one not rotated but edited and saved with "chrome" enhancement.
    IMG_1344.jpg

So...it's tempting to conclude that any saved edit will cure the orientation problem.

And here's the same photo after re-editing using the "revert" option (back to original).
    IMG_1344.jpg
    Lee
    Wilsonville, OR
    '03 R1150RT, 120K mi