• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

pic upload help

Hi All,

I've been reading all the posts for days and experimenting and still cannot upload a pic by adding to attachments so i can stick it in my post-to-be. What's frustrating is I've done this a couple of times before.

I tried the attachments icon in the toolbar and the button further down on the posting screen.
I get to Browse in either case.
I select my pic.
I hit upload and wait but nothing happens.
I keep shrinking the pic so that now it's <300kb and <800 x 300 pixels in size.

what can I try next?

TIA,
Phil #09135

Phil -

I find that steps #15 and 16 in this thread work the best:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?72733-How-to-post-on-the-MOA-Forum

Thanks. I did not try that icon. Unfortunately that did not work either. I went back and tried the two methods for managing attachments but that did not work. I now need to stretch my assumptions and wonder if it's related to some setting I have in my browser. I could see that affecting downloads but not uploads. Reaching, now.

Thanks again,
phil

I used the Insert Image icon for the top picture and and Attach File paper clip for the bottom picture.
Sounds like a good tip as we work our way through Xenforo. You have posted enough pictures to know the differences. (y)

OM

Test

i-3KqFJ9c-X5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting errors that my pasted image file is too large. Just wanted to pass that along. Not sure if there's a cap on uploaded file size or if the size limits are different between copy/paste, which is super convenient, and uploading as an attachment.

I'm getting errors that my pasted image file is too large. Just wanted to pass that along. Not sure if there's a cap on uploaded file size or if the size limits are different between copy/paste, which is super convenient, and uploading as an attachment.
Yeah, I just posted after you in the Xenforo thread that 2.4mb was receiving an error message.
I thought the software was supposed to adjust on the fly?
OM

Yeah, I just posted after you in the Xenforo thread that 2.4mb was receiving an error message.
I thought the software was supposed to adjust on the fly?
OM
Same, so I figured you guys would want to know.

Great work, all. Seriously. Thank you.

This kind of nonsense is exactly why I host all of my photos on SmugMug. Sure it's a pay site but I feel they are very secure and having all of my photos in one place separated into galleries makes it pretty easy to find what I want when I want even on my phone. The other side very helpful to me is the ease of posting pics onto any forum I hang out on very easily with zero issues and the photos are still mine stored in my space. I've been using it since '06 with close to 20k pics uploaded. If you're interested there is a coupon code to save a few $$ to sign up in my sig line.

Over in the "Campfire" section, the thread "It's Groundhog Day", post #17 - yesterday evening and this morning, I had a heck of a time getting the picture to properly upload. I tried the "(or click here)" to browse/ID/upload and it grabbed either nothing or too much (extra stuff not associated, or a "double"-photo); I tried compressing, re-saving, put it in a Word doc and resave as an independent .JPG ... I finally "manipulated" it within the µSoft Picture Manager and it uploaded then... still couldn't get rid of the pic's "reference" info.
What was/am I missing...? NEVER had any problem before....

What if you were to save the image as jpg not jpeg? Go back to the post and edit it with the renamed image. Who knows. To say that we never had this problem before...that's because we didn't have this software package before.

Kurt

Over in the "Campfire" section, the thread "It's Groundhog Day", post #17 - yesterday evening and this morning, I had a heck of a time getting the picture to properly upload. I tried the "(or click here)" to browse/ID/upload and it grabbed either nothing or too much (extra stuff not associated, or a "double"-photo); I tried compressing, re-saving, put it in a Word doc and resave as an independent .JPG ... I finally "manipulated" it within the µSoft Picture Manager and it uploaded then... still couldn't get rid of the pic's "reference" info.
What was/am I missing...? NEVER had any problem before....
I noticed your attempt. I couldn’t figure where it came from so I couldn’t try to post it. Unfortunately, with all that you mentioned that was done to the photo, any forensics is not possible. Next time there is trouble, let us know the source so we can give it a try.
OM
1706899313290-jpeg.96600

Thanks... Originally, it came from an email sent by a friend, so I copied the toon Only and saved it to my desktop; that didn't upload correctly. I tried dinking with that a few times and ways, still wouldn't upload correctly. This morning, I Googled the comic strip and found the toon and saved it to my desktop and compressed it. Still wouldn't upload correctly, until I manipulated it. Dunno! :dunno

Last edited:
Back