• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

once more

fghjk

H3.jpg

I'm having the same problem Shunk had. When I hit the upload button I get a

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"

message.

On a positive note, at least I'm getting my number postings counter increased

I guess I need a little help... I was able to successfully attached a message in this forum, as a test. I then went to another forum and tried to attached the same image. But I get an upload error telling me I had already uploaded the JPG in another forum. So??? I then decided to delete the message in this forum and went back to the forum where I really wanted to attached the image, and I still get the error about already having uploaded the image. Can I not have the same image attached in two different places?

Kurt in S.A.

Hmmm that comes as news to me, you can also try linking to an image rather then attaching it. This also allows one to put more then one image in a thread. To do that click the
insertimage.gif
button above and then place the link to the picture in the attention window.

BradfordBenn said:
Hmmm that comes as news to me, you can also try linking to an image rather then attaching it. This also allows one to put more then one image in a thread. To do that click the
insertimage.gif
button above and then place the link to the picture in the attention window.
When attaching an image or, as you suggest, insert the image with the special icon, where does the image come from? In other forums, I have learned that the image already has to be on the web somewhere...probably a function of the forum software. But in the attach image option, I used the browse feature to locate the image on my local harddrive. Initially, I tried to insert the URL to where the picture was but that didn't work. By your description above, you indicate that I must have the link to the picture in the window...that suggests that the image must be on the web.

Kurt in S.A.

20774 said:
I guess I need a little help... I was able to successfully attached a message in this forum, as a test. I then went to another forum and tried to attached the same image. But I get an upload error telling me I had already uploaded the JPG in another forum. So??? I then decided to delete the message in this forum and went back to the forum where I really wanted to attached the image, and I still get the error about already having uploaded the image. Can I not have the same image attached in two different places?

Kurt in S.A.

Kurt short answer, 'NO' you can't have an 'Attached' picture in two places at the same time on this forum. Don't know why if you deleted in one place that you couldn't do it again, I have. I also changed the name once and that worked too. Something to do with the way this server is set up.

If you use a 'photo sharing web site' like smugmug, you can use the 'Insert Photo' button (that Brad pointed out) and post as many times and places as you want.

It's possible that by deleting it, it's still on the server, there is another way (a better way) to go back to that location it was posted and then go back under the writing area and 'Un-Attach' the picture, but that may be too late now.

Try 'renaming' it on your computer and Attach it again.

Doc

Doc -

I thought about the renaming thing but that didn't work. I'll experiment some more...

Kurt in S.A.

Alright... I'm familiar with posting and such in a forum, but the error messege I get when trying to manage my attachments is: ALERT This document contains no data. Yet I know that the document does containd data, because I can see it in photoshop as well as in the properties. Any suggestions on why I cannot load a 72 dpi .jpg file that is under 1Mb? Thanks.

GBV.

OscarMayer said:
Alright... I'm familiar with posting and such in a forum, but the error messege I get when trying to manage my attachments is: ALERT This document contains no data. Yet I know that the document does containd data, because I can see it in photoshop as well as in the properties. Any suggestions on why I cannot load a 72 dpi .jpg file that is under 1Mb? Thanks.

GBV.

Just what steps are your going through to upload your document? 1Mb is too big - the files size limit is 160k - any chance your file is bigger than that?

Yep... That seemed to work. I was over 500K... 160K is awfully low, no. Limited server space I suppose. Thanks for the tip.

(a recent pic of my bike in its current state. I was on my way to Vegas for a night on May 4th)

Attachments

• IMG_2434.jpg
    IMG_2434.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 152
OscarMayer said:
Yep... That seemed to work. I was over 500K... 160K is awfully low, no. Limited server space I suppose. Thanks for the tip.

(a recent pic of my bike in its current state. I was on my way to Vegas for a night on May 4th)

Server space is not free and .jpg's add up FAST! We struck a discount deal with SmugMug for 'MOA members so they can post up a storm there and then link back to posts here.

Nice /5 - long swing arm, 'eh? I'm into '5's in a pretty big way. Great bikes which ride unlike any of the later airheads. There's just something different about a /5 that feels mostly like the newer airheads, but with a hint of something older. :thumb

Back