• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

Test Photo

My test pic. Why is it such poor quality? The full-size image is not, but this site would not let me upload it until I resized it to the size you seee here (using Ifranview). Why are other pics I see in posts larger than mine?

Attachments

• Small 100-0002_IMG.bmp
    147.8 KB · Views: 265
marcopolo said:
My test pic. Why is it such poor quality? The full-size image is not, but this site would not let me upload it until I resized it to the size you seee here (using Ifranview). Why are other pics I see in posts larger than mine?

The key to doing larger pictures is to link it to an external source. There is a limit to the size of an attachment, but if you put the image on a hosting site, such as smugmug which we have a program with (http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=4417), you can then link to it using the "insert image" option.

Thanks. I'm not sure I understand that completely, but I'll give it a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say.

Let's give it a try. Here goes ...

Attachments

• Pigtown Willy.bmp
    137.4 KB · Views: 248
2nd try

Let's see if this is legible

Attachments

• clutchparts.bmp
    142.4 KB · Views: 230
3rd try

How 'bout this

Attachments

• clutchparts.bmp
    155.4 KB · Views: 230
4th try

And now a photo try

Attachments

• prev9.jpg
    prev9.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 225
I don't have a problem with the sizing and all; what I would like to know is, can you put more than one picture in a post? There have been times when I would have related a story or two where more than one picture would help tell the complete story with fewer words but did not, because I felt it would detract so much that it was not worth the effort--maybe I'm just too lazy to type all those words. :dunno

cruisin said:
I don't have a problem with the sizing and all; what I would like to know is, can you put more than one picture in a post?

Yes you can. However the picture needs to be hosted on the Internet some where, such as perhaps using the
Affinity Program with Smug Mug. Then once you have your pictures posted, the process is pretty straight forward.

I usually have two windows open when composing the post, one for the post composition, and one that has the picture I want to include. (These directions assume you are using a Windows Operating System) Then I right click on the image I want to include, if I am Internet Exploder I use the property information to find the path to the picture. I then highlight it and copy it. I usually use Firefox which depending on your plugins has the same feature and an even better one, "Copy Image Location" Then I switch to the post composition window and click on the
insertimage.gif
image icon and paste the URL for the picture where prompted. That was how I included the icon.

Hope that helps. :thumb

New to the board, testing a photo post!

Recently acquired '82 R65LS...thanks for the techical information help!

Sam

Attachments

• IM001797c.jpg
    IM001797c.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 230
I've successfully posted images in the past by linking them to my website. Can anyone suggest why my image is not showing up? I'm clicking on the image button and pasting the URL.

SNC 1923 said:
I've successfully posted images in the past by linking them to my website. Can anyone suggest why my image is not showing up? I'm clicking on the image button and pasting the URL.

You're pasting the URL to the page that the image is displayed on, not the link to the actual image.

the link to the image is...
http://snc1923.smugmug.com/photos/23541889-M.jpg

not...
http://snc1923.smugmug.com/gallery/564870/5/23541889/Medium

If you go to the latter address, at the bottom of the page is a button for "share with friends, forums". Click on that. Then copy the link for "medium", or whatever size you prefer. Then do as you describe in your post (click on image button, past URL).

knary said:
You're pasting the URL to the page that the image is displayed on, not the link to the actual image.

Muchas gracias, Knary. I knew it would be simple, but it was beyond me. Thanks for the assist.

Back