• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

A
Test [Smug Mug blues, again]

A
A

Last edited:
smallNew.JPG

My 1980 R100T. Don't let the starter cover, air box, and valve covers fool you. I like the retro look. But surprise! When I went to peel off the BMW engine name plate from my original modern starter cover I found that is was cast as part of the cover. Once I source the proper name plate I will replace the R75/6 still on the starter cover. Search in progress.

View attachment 71781

My 1980 R100T. Don't let the starter cover, air box, and valve covers fool you. I like the retro look. But surprise! When I went to peel off the BMW engine name plate from my original modern starter cover I found that is was cast as part of the cover. Once I source the proper name plate I will replace the R75/6 still on the starter cover. Search in progress.

You got it!......
Along with a mobile work station concept :)
OM

I don't remember that the engine badges were cast into the cover...they should be held on with factory glue unless someone has changed things on your bike:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sh...969_2476_BMW_R75_5&diagId=11_1734#51141257535

Plus, how does an '80 R100T have a badge for a R75/5 or /6??

I don't remember that the engine badges were cast into the cover...they should be held on with factory glue unless someone has changed things on your bike:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sh...969_2476_BMW_R75_5&diagId=11_1734#51141257535

Plus, how does an '80 R100T have a badge for a R75/5 or /6??

I guess I wasn't clear enough. My 1980 R100T had the new style starter cover, etc. I wanted the older style. I switched those parts from a /6. The newer cover had the badges cast on it. So I CAN remove the /6 badge but I have no newer badge to take its place on my retro starter cover. They are available from older R100s but I have not sourced a set yet.

Just to make my bike look a little retro. I like the look better.

They must have done a bit of a revamp as it used to be I could only upload small photos from my SmugMug but now large is no issue.

They must have done a bit of a revamp as it used to be I could only upload small photos from my SmugMug but now large is no issue.

It's been some time now that the sizes for uploading have been updated...I don't remember where that was discussed. But if you go to this thread:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?72733-How-to-post-on-the-MOA-Forum

and look at post #12 and 13, you can see one way to upload pictures. In post #13, you see a screen which gives the limits to the size of picture that can be uploaded. The picture in that post might be a little outdated, but the new limits can be seen below. As you can see, the size of a picture (JPEG, JPG) can be nearly 5Mb in size with pixel dimensions of 2000 by 2000. If you keep the size below those limits, you can upload a fairly sizeable picture.
MOAUpload.jpg

Do the pictures have to be stored on a photo hosting site? I have mine on my computer and I keep getting the message "Upload of file failed" Not sure what I am doing wrong? It is very cumbersome to try and read through 60 pages of possible solutions.

Pictures can come from most anywhere- phone, laptop or iPad.
Check the posting above and give it a try.
OM

Do the pictures have to be stored on a photo hosting site? I have mine on my computer and I keep getting the message "Upload of file failed" Not sure what I am doing wrong? It is very cumbersome to try and read through 60 pages of possible solutions.

Your file size is probably too large.
I always reduce my picture file size before uploading to a forum.
For the width I use 1200 or less.

On a Windows computer I right click on my picture thumbnail and select Edit, then Resize.
Select Pixel
I use less than 1200 for horizontal if it's in Landscape and less than 900 if in Portrait.

I use the the square icon with a tree in it to attach my picture.

Back