• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do I post a picture? Try 2mb or less sizing

From what I understand, yes, only one picture can be uploaded unless you are using a web hosting site. If you use a web hosting site, you can then put numerous links into one post. I actually don't have an account with a web hosting company, but I just have some small website provided by my ISP. That is enough for me to host several pictures.
Even if I have a web address (thru my ISP) where my pictures are posted (6 files), I can still only list one picture's URL under attachment management on the BMWMOA site before I again get the message that I am allowed only one picture.

I am listing the URL as:

http://home.earthlink.net/~daneth1/images/IMG_5869-1.jpg

Is there something wrong with the formatting?

Even if I have a web address (thru my ISP) where my pictures are posted (6 files), I can still only list one picture's URL under attachment management on the BMWMOA site before I again get the message that I am allowed only one picture.

I am listing the URL as:

http://home.earthlink.net/~daneth1/images/IMG_5869-1.jpg

Is there something wrong with the formatting?

You are almost there.

If you use the attachement feature, then you can only attach one item.

However if you paste in the link you can do many:

Here is an example (and when you do a reply you can see the coding):

Picture 1
B0004007.png

Picture 2
bmw_club2jacket2.jpg

Picture 3
B0003714.png

Picture 4
B0005027.png

Picture 5
atsf3828.jpg

Sorry to be so dense ( a consequence of being 72 I guess), but what do you enter into "manage attachments" when creating a new posting or reply? My ISP has my picture files in a folder. I'm entering the url from the toolbar that I get when displaying one of my photos, and pasting into the "manage attachments" thing, but as a result am allowed only one url and one picture. I have reduced the displayed file sizes to like 60Kb/ pix but still no go.

THX for the patience
nrp

Let me try this...I'm going to use your image but put the image tags around it manually. Whenever I do this, I typically type "
" (without the quotes). Here goes:

882905496_cqhxF-XL.jpg

882905496_cqhxF-XL.jpg

Bob's Your Uncle!

If I correctly understand what you are saying, I'm trying to embed the image url in the text of my reply simply using brackets & img like this:

blah - blah
IMG_5869-1.jpg
blah blah2.

but when I preview the post, I don't see any image between the blah blahs.

Is there something else I should be doing (obviously!) or is it my host's format?

THX
nrpetersen

Last edited:
How do I post more an one photo at a time?

Go back to the previous page in this thread. Another member was having the same issues. It was explained in several posts there.

Let us know if you're still having problems.

How do I post more an one photo at a time?
That was me starting at post number 712. 20774 steered me thru the process, though this 72 yr old had some trouble understanding him.

At any rate, this is how I'd describe it to another non-savy Internet user:

• First re size your .jpg picture files. Your camera's software may have this capability or you can google for picture file resizing & download it as freeware. Maybe you can do it with your e-mail program by sending the file to yourself. Just work with one typical picture and preview-post & preview-post it until you find the combination of file resizing that you want. Note that at this point you will want to create a separate folder that has only downsized picture files on it. Don't dump the original files of course. You'd be surprised how much a file size can be truncated without much quality loss.
  • You have to find some web site that will host your multiple pictures on their site, such that the BMWMOA website can automatically go to that site and down load the pictures on an as needed basis. Your internet provider probably already provides this service for a reasonable number of pictures at no charge. Mine, for example will host 100Mb at no charge, but it was agony to get it set up.
  • Once you can call up your pictures at an Internet address, you can then insert said picture(s) in the text of your posting. The format is "[IMGxxxxxxIMG]" without the quotation marks, where xxxxxxx is the url that any user would have to put in the Internet to see that picture.
Practise the postings. There will be a lot of resizing of files etc before you get it right. 20774 feel free to jump in or correct this.:brow

• Once you can call up your pictures at an Internet address, you can then insert said picture(s) in the text of your posting. The format is "[IMGxxxxxxIMG]" without the quotation marks, where xxxxxxx is the url that any user would have to put in the Internet to see that picture.

That all sounds good, but with one exception. The format is "
". That should get 'r done!

That all sounds good, but with one exception. The format is "
". That should get 'r done!
Funny! You will note that 20774 had to point out that formatting error to me last time too! The older I get, the better I used to be......

Honestly - this shouldn't be this hard

Our website is using dated technology - other better designed sites do not have this problem - sorry but this is the truth.

Test 1

If posting this pic works I'll be asking how to get the gunk out in the k-bike forum.

Attachments

• K100 Gas Tank1.JPG
    K100 Gas Tank1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 84
Picture Posting

I've read this thread and tried to download the site recommended, but its filled with everything but what I need. Can't I use Picasa with which I'm familiar?

I don't see why not. Once you have pictures on Picasa (you probably do already), then you use the methods described to either attached a single picture per post, or use the tools with Picasa, etc., to link in multiple pictures as needed.

Give it a try and see how it goes.

Let me try this...I'm going to use your image but put the image tags around it manually. Whenever I do this, I typically type "
" (without the quotes). Here goes:

882905496_cqhxF-XL.jpg

882905496_cqhxF-XL.jpg

Bob's Your Uncle!

You are almost there.

If you use the attachement feature, then you can only attach one item.

However if you paste in the link you can do many:

Here is an example (and when you do a reply you can see the coding):

Picture 1
B0004007.png

Picture 2
bmw_club2jacket2.jpg

Picture 3
B0003714.png

Picture 4
B0005027.png

Picture 5
atsf3828.jpg

What about shutterfly? I'm using the IMG with the quotes as you described above, and it's getting to where I get the little blue icon, but this is shutterfly's address:
http://1978r1007restoration.shutterfly.com/pictures/1224#1222
And this is what you get when you try it...

I noticed there's no "jpg" at the end...does anyone else use shutterfly?

Back