Thread: 7 pages of unread threads, Whaaaaat???

7 pages of unread threads, Whaaaaat???

I'm getting seven pages of threads and it's because there are unread bits in each. I haven't read them because they are of no interest to me, so why, as of today, May 24th, are they suddenly showing up? This has never happened before and I can't see any way to mark them all read.
    Walter

Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.
    H. L. Mencken

I'm seeing it to. I suspect there's been some kind of reset or maybe a server was rebooted. At the top of each forum, say Motorrad, Oilheads, etc., look under Forum Tools...there's a link there to mark the forum as read.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Also on the top banner under marketplace you can click the forum actions drop down arrow and click mark forums read which marks everything read in one shot. I usually click new posts on the far left, browse what I want then click mark forums read to keep just new stuff showing up.

Information I received is that we had a vBulletin version update today...that's likely the cause of this. It should settle down over a little bit of time as you visit the forum each time.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

The original issue is still happening. Pages of posts showing after new post because I haven't read any of them.
    Walter

Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.
    H. L. Mencken

Me, too, Walter. I've been "messing" with a setting on one of the screens and thought it might take care of things. Basically, what I was hoping to do is clear anything that was say 2 days old. Maybe it's not the right parameter.

One thing that I'm sure you've noticed. I go to Quick Links, and then Today's Posts. There will be a demarcation down the page that you might be able to use as "I don't need to read any of those." They represent posts since your last visit.

I'll continue to look.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I have been messing with this a bit trying to see how the software "compiles" a Member's visit. It seems that if you use what Kurt mentioned- Quick links > Today's posts, after a few days you will be able to go back to "New Posts" and only one page will show.
    Information suggests that the "today's posts" is the way that most of the VB platforms (figuring daily visits) uses this software. Of course, if you have been away for a week, using "today's posts" suggests that a visitor will miss many of the previous days postings.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200