Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Trouble uploading a pic

  1. #1

    Trouble uploading a pic

    Is there a difference in uploading a picture on the forum & uploading one when sending a private message to someone on the forum? I was attempting to upload a photo to someone here, but when I chose "select image" it would only ask for the url & would not allow me to "browse" my pictures . Never had this issue before, but consider who your dealing with here (not exactly a technology guru) . Thanks in advance..
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

  2. #2
    Liaison 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    18,217
    As far as I know, images can't be included with at PM, only the URL for a picture somewhere on the web.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    As far as I know, images can't be included with at PM, only the URL for a picture somewhere on the web.
    Thanks Kurt, that explains it. Everybody else probably already knows this
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

  4. #4
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,903
    If you have already posted it on the forum you can send it via PM. You can also exchange e-mails with the other member and send it that way.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  5. #5
    FUKENGRUVEN SURVIVOR akbeemer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    THE BIG SKY
    Posts
    6,395
    Gail, it is time for some serious self reflection. You have expressed some heartfelt and frank opinions about the management of our fine organization. Perhaps those expressions of incredulity have ignited a response from the Star Chamber. Do not be surprised if other aspects of the forum cease to work for you, or your copy of the Owner’s News is missing every other page and your name is suddenly missing from the list of distinguished high mileage winners. This latest “quirk” may be your only warning. Be afraid.... very afraid.

    The opinions expressed by Shortythorne are not necessarily shared by the author.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Gail, it is time for some serious self reflection. You have expressed some heartfelt and frank opinions about the management of our fine organization. Perhaps those expressions of incredulity have ignited a response from the Star Chamber. Do not be surprised if other aspects of the forum cease to work for you, or your copy of the Owner’s News is missing every other page and your name is suddenly missing from the list of distinguished high mileage winners. This latest “quirk” may be your only warning. Be afraid.... very afraid.

    The opinions expressed by Shortythorne are not necessarily shared by the author.
    I saw a black helicopter circling the house earlier too. That was probably Reese . Well, I guess the jig is up and I'm done for. Oh yea, my water heater just started leaking too, so now I am beginning to wonder.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

  7. #7
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    11,903
    Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    I saw a black helicopter circling the house earlier too. That was probably Reese . Well, I guess the jig is up and I'm done for. Oh yea, my water heater just started leaking too, so now I am beginning to wonder.
    The water heater went bad cuz it was the day before a holiday. Iffin' it wuz a big holiday, it would have been the heater and a septic back-up Murphy's Law you know
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Similar Threads

  1. Flea Market image uploading?
    By lmo1131 in forum Forum Software Specific Help. NOT for bike related questions.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 05:12 PM
  2. K75 trouble
    By newcastle in forum Flying Brick K-bikes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 08:54 PM
  3. Image uploading not working for me
    By Craigt in forum Online Central
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM
  4. I'm i n trouble
    By LTLJOHN in forum Campfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •