• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Driving lights for K100RS

I think we need a bit more info on what you hope to accomplish with the lights before giving a recommendation. There are lots of lights available - and each might be the "best" for a certain application.

More info please..

Sent you a PM with some information on the light set up on my K1100RS & a link to a picture of it so you can see where I mounted the lights. I didn't want to paste the link here because I'm selling the bike & the description & price is on the pic, thought I might get scolded for advertising.

Thanks, for the info Mike

That's sure a pretty bike. That is approximately where I would like to mount them as well.

Per Don's questions:
I'm looking for a bit more low light. I use my bike mostly for commuting (25 miles or so mostly on freeway). So I want to thow a little more light out there on low beam without blinding oncoming drivers.

Cosmeticaly, I want to maintain a clean look if possible, so no 747 landing lights.

I'm also a cheap bastard.

dkandersen said:
Thanks, for the info Mike

That's sure a pretty bike. That is approximately where I would like to mount them as well.

Per Don's questions:
I'm looking for a bit more low light. I use my bike mostly for commuting (25 miles or so mostly on freeway). So I want to thow a little more light out there on low beam without blinding oncoming drivers.

Cosmeticaly, I want to maintain a clean look if possible, so no 747 landing lights.

I'm also a cheap bastard.

Ah - same qualifications as I had..

See: http://www.eilenberger.net/Lights/index.html

Should work just fine on a K100RS..

Aux lights

I vote for the caliper-mounted MotoLites. I put a pair on my K1200GT last fall mainly to increase conspicuity. I was astonished by the difference in nighttime illumination. After seeing the road in this new extravagant flood of light, I shudder to think how much I was missing with my stock headlight, even on high beam.
The caliper mount is a very clean look - much better, IMHO, than the hoseclamp mounts - and is probably less susceptible to getting knocked out of alignment.
They may not be able to clear the "cheap bastard" hurdle, but then you get what you pay for.
I also like the fact that MotoLite will give you free bulbs for life, even though you can find dirt-cheap replacements at Home Depot and Lowe's. PIAA replacement bulbs are considerably more expensive.

Back