• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Helmets at Rally

scootstado

Anybody remember what Helmet Bob's was selling at the Rally? I think it was Bob's. They had stacks of boxes all the same brand. I'm thinking it was Scorpion. Anybody buy one?

Rally helmets

Anybody remember what Helmet Bob's was selling at the Rally? I think it was Bob's. They had stacks of boxes all the same brand. I'm thinking it was Scorpion. Anybody buy one?

Yep, it was Bob's. Bob himself often wears a Scorpion helmet. Check his website for details.

Friedle

Yep, it was Bob's. Bob himself often wears a Scorpion helmet. Check his website for details.

Friedle

Thanks. I thought it was Bob's but not much mention or prices for Scorpion on his web site. I thought they were a quality helmet at a reasonable price. Other MC lists I frequent have positive reports on the Scorpion line.

Nick Jadinak bought a new Scorpion at the rally, perhaps at Bob's. It must have been a good price, because Nick is just a little tighter with a nickel than Charlie "WWCP?" Coons. He shipped home his 25-year-old Porsche Design helmet in order to wear his new Scorpion. Nick had endured years of ridicule in order to avoid shelling out for a new helmet.

Well, lucky he did, because on the way to Elkader from West Bend, he ran off the road, knocked himself silly and trashed his brand new helmet. Who knows how he would have fared in the old one. He broke a couple of cervical vertebrae, too, but it looks like he won't suffer any permanent damage once he gets out of his neck brace. It doesn't seem likely his choice of helmet had anything to do with that aspect, however.

Back