• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

USA Today Features Gillette, WY

What the hell is wrong with Tijuana?

Really. Tijuana is a pretty neat city.

Back on track, I'm quite confident that the Gillette rally will be fine. I've ridden throughout the west, although not in Gillette itself, and there will be plenty to see and do. Good roads, good scenery, good country. If you need to stay out of the swimming pools, big whoop.

Anger Management

Stand down, gentlemen, and put your weapons on safety. No need to get crazy over information (published in the USA TODAY) that even suggests that all is not well in OZ.

I found the clip interesting (still do) and flavored it with my opinions. Which is actually the essence of a public forum, when you think about it. Otherwise, this site would simply be reduced to a static technical journal via the internet.

I don't live in a world that I need to classify as "glass half full," or "glass half empty."

Hell - I drink what is in the glass, buy a round for everyone at the bar and have a good time.

I had a great three days in West Bend, and look forward to Gillette.

What I do not do, however, is ignore interesting facts or their extrapolations.

Since Gillette dare not be scrutinized on this site, I need say no more on the subject. May it turn out to be everything a member hopes to experience at a rally.

Well, for the second year in a row, the cryptosporidian virus has infected the water in Gillette, WY, affecting primarily public pools, according to today's issue of USA TODAY.

When we all get there next year, bottled water and motel showers (not pools) would be the order of the day.

Combined with lack of shade, high (and limited) motel rates, and great distances before there is something besides open prairie (Black Hills, Devil's Head, Custer Memorial, Mt. Rushmore, etc.), it will certainly be a challenge to rival previous rallies.

Here's hoping the plus's will outnumber all minus's.

Hmm. Where is the orginal article, or link to it, that interested you? Where are the facts in your original post? Seems to be your opinion in auto fire.

Stand down, gentlemen, and put your weapons on safety. No need to get crazy over information (published in the USA TODAY) that even suggests that all is not well in OZ.

I found the clip interesting (still do) and flavored it with my opinions. Which is actually the essence of a public forum, when you think about it. Otherwise, this site would simply be reduced to a static technical journal via the internet.

I don't live in a world that I need to classify as "glass half full," or "glass half empty."

Hell - I drink what is in the glass, buy a round for everyone at the bar and have a good time.

Since Gillette dare not be scrutinized on this site, I need say no more on the subject. May it turn out to be everything a member hopes to experience at a rally.

scrutinize away, but before you do find out the meaning, according to Webster:

SCRUTINIZE stresses close attention to minute detail <scrutinized the hospital bill>.

As in reporting in the media, a non-biased factual detail must present the truth. Go face to face. go there. look, listen, ride and feel and tell me the place sucks. don't be a armchair scrutinizer full of biased inunendos, and don't refute the pictures or narritative I brought back from my journey, it's impolite at best.. It's less than 30 miles to the nearest fun on two wheels. The water is drinkable, the people are great.

Anger management/passive agressive therapy is next thursday night at your shrinks office. Might want to keep Thursday open.

I bet you didn't whine that the rally was going to be in -gag- Wisconsin. I mean, c'mon, WHY would you ever hold a rally there? HOT and humid. No shade at the rally site. Straight dull roads across the pancake of the midwest. Oh, and the damn mosquitos. You of all people should know how horrible Wisconsin is.

:lurk

I bet you didn't whine that the rally was going to be in -gag- Wisconsin. I mean, c'mon, WHY would you ever hold a rally there? HOT and humid. No shade at the rally site. Straight dull roads across the pancake of the midwest. Oh, and the damn mosquitos. You of all people should know how horrible Wisconsin is.

:lurk

Is now the wrong time to mention the buzz/crackle from the high-tension wires on the rally site?

...Even worse time to complain about the GS parked on it's side (of which I have a photo)?

:hide

A frank discussion including scrutinized concerns

Is now the wrong time to mention the buzz/crackle from the high-tension wires on the rally site?

...Even worse time to complain about the GS parked on it's side (of which I have a photo)?

:hide

Hopefully it wasn't MY GS.:) Honestly I didn't notice high wires, but I seriously think what they have planned for a camping area should be taken a second look at. The Boxelder campground was my favorite for vehicles and trailers versus the close in area (probably the high wire area?) set up for RV's and the like with no grass, in fact I think for the most part was paved? As at West Bend the lawn areas were huge and would work for the majority of tent camper areas...sounds like you have been there you know what I mean!

Red

Just wondering...

Will the Gillette kids be crapping in the swimming pools at the MOA rally, because if they are, well that's just wrong.:nono

Will the Gillette kids be crapping in the swimming pools at the MOA rally, because if they are, well that's just wrong.:nono

Will there be swimming pools at the rally?!?! :buds

What kind of soup would we be brewing...

This thread is going down the toilet...
kiddie_pool_poop.jpg

if the gas is OK....

My only concern is the gasoline. I'll just change it every day (maybe twice). I just don't want any water contamination to build up in it. Keep these rumors coming. I don't want any lines or shortage of premium grade fuel.:wave
robert 04 gs

Just why are you so negative to those

You're a veritable fountain of positivity, aintcha?

who offer a differing opinion on Gillette?Or is that part of your duties as webmaster?Oh,I mean information architect.Is the local C of C or MOA paying your freight?

Last edited: