Thread: Flat Track Race Sunday in Peoria, IL

On the Road

Flat Track Race Sunday in Peoria, IL

Does anyone out there have any info on the AMA National Flat Track Championship at Peoria, IL this Sunday?

Looking for Times, Ticket Cost, etc.

I can't seem to find much on the Internet.

James.A
    It is an AMA sanctioned event. Maybe AMA would be a good starting point. I live near Peoria, but have only attended 2 races in my 47 years. A great venue, a great race, but it's also a cattle call. Mac From Peoria needs to chime in here.

larrydk

flat track

I've gone to it in the past and bought tickets there....think around $20? Check the AMA website

On the Road
    Been on the AMA site, very little info, not start times or ticket prices, but it did point me to a map and directions to get there. I guess we'll just go and call it an adventure.

Don't have a clue what to take or what to expect. So, we'll just take lawn chairs, coolers and anything else we need to be comfortable.

I didnΤΗΦt ticket prices but you can contact
    Tickets & Information

603 S Cameron Ln, Peoria, IL 61607
    (309) 697-1285

Here is the event information from the AMADirectlink.com site.
    Event Schedule
    AMA Ford Quality Checked Flat Track Championship
    Schedule of Events**
    Peoria Race Park, Peoria, IL T.T.
    August 19, 2007

TRACK DIRECTIONS:
    I-474 to exit 3-A, then 1.0 miles west on Farmington Road, then 3 miles south on Maxwell Road, then 1.8 miles west on SR 116 (Plank Road), then .5 mile south on Cameron Lane

SUNDAY, AUGUST 19, 2007

8:30 am - 10:30 am - Registration at the track
    8:30 am - 10:40 am - Tech Inspection at the track
    11:15 am - - Mandatory Riders Meeting
    11:45 am - - Timed Practice
    12:30 pm - Open paddock for spectators
    1:30 pm - Opening Ceremonies

2:00 pm - 2:10 pm - AMA Ford Heat #1 ΤΗτ 10 Laps ΤΗτ 12 Riders (1-3 to Main) (4-12 to Semi)
    2:10 pm - 2:20 pm - AMA Ford Heat #2 ΤΗτ 10 Laps ΤΗτ 12 Riders (1-3 to Main) (4-12 to Semi)
    2:20 pm - 2:30 pm - AMA Ford Heat #3 ΤΗτ 10 Laps ΤΗτ 12 Riders (1-3 to Main) (4-12 to Semi)
    2:30 pm - 2:40 pm - AMA Ford Heat #4 ΤΗτ 10 Laps ΤΗτ 12 Riders (1-3 to Main) (4-12 to Semi)

2:50 pm - 3:00 pm - AMA Ford Semi #1 ΤΗτ 8 Laps ΤΗτ 12 Riders ΤΗτ (1-2 to Main)
    3:00 pm - 3:10 pm - AMA Ford Semi #2 ΤΗτ 8 Laps ΤΗτ 12 Riders ΤΗτ (1-2 to Main)
    3:10 pm - 3:20 pm - AMA Ford Semi #3 ΤΗτ 8 Laps ΤΗτ 12 Riders ΤΗτ (1-2 to Main)

3:20 pm - 3:30 pm - INTERMISSION

3:30 pm - 3:45 pm - AMA FORD MAIN EVENT ΤΗτ 25 Laps ΤΗτ 18 Riders
    3:45 pm - Victory Circle

**IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

http://www.liveisports.com/ has internet feed of the race.

The Peoria race is neat 'cause it is a T.T. race. Flat track with a jump in it just to keep things interesting.

John

I went to the National Flattrack race last weekend at Castle Rock Wa. The tickets where $25.

I grew up racing flattrack 30 years ago. I haven't been to a race for several years until last weekend. The biggest difference I noticed was the sound. The new bikes do not have a pleasing sound. In fact i found the exhaust noise from the new motors annoying. Its like a bug flying around your ear.

Luckliy they had a class of the old Dinosaurs. BSA, Triumph and Yamaha twins. Now that is music to my ears. There is just something right about
    the sound of a Twin at full song. And even though it is a 1/4 mile track they had 4 XR750 Harleys running. An XR750 is a hand full on that short of a track.

Just to make me feel old there was even 4 riders who I recognized their names from when I raced. They where all the sons of the guys I raced with. Jay Springsteen even made an appearance though he wasn't racing flattrack. He had been in Seattle roadracing and blew up every bike they had. So he rented a plane and flew down to the track at Castle Rock. I watched him win the National at Castle Rock back in 1978.

And somebody needs to talk to these young riders. About half of the riders where running their front fenders. Back in the day not even the biggest Dorks out there would run a front fender. I know that since all the new bikes are water cooled the fender helps keep stuff of the radiator, but come on.
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '09 F650GS '15 Ducati Multistrada

On the Road
    Thx everyone,

I just found out:

1. Tickets are $30.00. My son gets in free.
    2. You can take coolers in but no beer! (and they do check coolers for beer)

(It's sponsored by Budweiser, which I can't drink - did too much during HS and College - now it gives me headaches)

3. Get there by 10:00am to get a good lawn seat, it fills up by 11:00.

4. Bring binoculars!

We're meeting some fellow riders from where my wife works. You gotta love the the motorcycle rider community, Harley, BMW, Yamaha, it makes no difference. We're always looking out for each other, with a little bias and good natured ribbing of course!