• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Any news of a F800 GS?

I wonder...

Real pics, or computer generated?

Looks like the F800 has a chain as opposed to the belt drives of the existing F800 models. I suppose chain drive is more desirable for any "dirty" work.

Yeah, if they deliver an F800GS at a price under or at the $10K mark, they may lose some of their R1200GS sales. But, then again, we in the U.S. LOVE our displacement...

There are a few small odd blurry spots here and there - tell tale signs of someone trying to blend to different photos together. But otherwise they look authentic to me.

:lurk

Interesting frame designs on the F bikes.

The 650 looks like it's not all that tall.

I'm not sure how I feel about the jowls on that F800GS.

Frown-and-Jowl-lg.jpg

That 650 and 800 look to me like versions of the same bike- too bad I can't quite read the lettering on one of them. But in any case, they look good and I like the way some styling-cues give them some resemblance to the 1200- makes the GS's seem more like a family.

and I thought the 650 was to remain a thumper in the X bikes, no twin planned

this off advrider site

German n00b

Oddometer: 44

BMW Motorrad auf der EICMA 2007.

M??nchen. BMW Motorrad wird auf der 65. Internationalen Motorradshow "EICMA" in Mailand, Italien, f??nf Weltpremieren vorstellen. Die Messe wird mit dem Pressetag am 06. November 2007 eingeleitet und vom 08. bis zum 11. November f??r die ?ûffentlichkeit zug?ñnglich sein.
Die Pressekonferenz von BMW Motorrad findet am 06. November um 13:30 Uhr in der Halle 18, Stand D75 statt. Peter M??ller, Leiter Entwicklung und Baureihen BMW Motorrad, wird dabei nicht weniger als f??nf Weltpremieren vorstellen. Weitere Experten werden vor Ort sein, um Ihre Fragen zu beantworten. Dar??ber hinaus werden alle aktuellen Modelle am BMW Motorrad Stand pr?ñsentiert.

Viel Neues gibt es auch bei Husqvarna Motorcycles. Erstmals stellt sich Ihnen die neue Gesch?ñftsf??hrung von Husqvarna Motorcycles vor. Zudem wird die Zwei-Marken-Strategie von BMW im Gesch?ñftsfeld Motorrad pr?ñsentiert. Auf der Produktseite haben sieben neue bzw. komplett ??berarbeitete Motorr?ñder ihre Weltpremiere. Weiterhin sind die Husqvarna Weltmeistermotorr?ñder der erfolgreichen Motorsport-Saison 2007 ausgestellt.
Die Pressekonferenz findet am 06. November um 12:30 Uhr in direkter Nachbarschaft zum BMW Motorrad Stand statt (Stand D79).

Eine F??lle von Neuheiten und Neuigkeiten erwarten Sie bei BMW Motorrad und Husqvarna Motorcycles auf der diesj?ñhrigen EICMA.

Wir freuen uns auf Sie.

Ok, I'll try to translate it.

BMW Motorrad at EICMA 2007

Munich. BMW Motorrad is going to present five world premieres at 65th International Motorcycle Show "EICMA" in Mailand, Italy. The show will be opened with a press day on 6th of november 2007 and will be open for public from 8th to 11th of november.

The BMW press conference is scheduled for the 6th of november at 1:30 pm (MET) at booth D75 in hall 18. Peter M??ller, chief of developement and products BMW Motorrad, will be presenting no less than five world premieres. Other experts will be on the site to answer your questions. The actual product range will be shown at the BMW Motorrad booth.

There are a lot of news from Husqvarna Motorcycles. The new leaders of Husqvarna Motorcycles present themselves for the first time.
Also the two brand strategy of BMW division Motorrad will be presented. There will be seven world premieres of new or facelifted motorcyles. The Husqvarna world champion motorcycles of the successfull season 2007 will be exhibited.
The press conference will be held on 6th of november 12:30 pm (MET) in direct neibourhood of the BMW Motorrad booth (D79).

There are a lot of news and new products from BMW Motorrad and Husqvarna Motorcycles at this years EICMA.

The more I look at those F bikes, the odder the powerplant looks to me.

They really look more like the G650 plant than the F800 mill. The F800 motor is canted pretty well forward, like the new K12 motor. These powerplants are really vertical, which makes me believe that these are not what they claim to be.

Anybody have a good picture of an F800 to compare them with? Something's not right with those photos.

Edit: Here's one. Compare the angle of the cylinders as they relate to the line formed by the oil pan with the photos above. These bikes don't share the same motor. In fact, compare the area ahead of the clutch cover between the bikes. They're not even close. I think we're being hoodwinked here.

I think those bikes up top are really 650s, not the 800.

1.jpg

The powerplant in the G650 looks much more like what we see in the bikes above. Additionally, the G motor already has a mounting system that would enable a lattice frame.

Look at the frame attachment points on the 650 motor. It lines up with what we see above. The F800 has a rear attachment point that joins to the rear of the engine case, in the center, out of sight and inboard of the swingarm pivots.

Yeah, those bikes above are not the new F800. They are, more likely, G650 variants. The top one looks like a low, street version and the second one looks like a replacement for the current F650GS.

There's no way those are F800 motors.

137446694-L.jpg

The more I look at those F bikes, the odder the powerplant looks to me.

They really look more like the G650 plant than the F800 mill. The F800 motor is canted pretty well forward, like the new K12 motor. These powerplants are really vertical, which makes me believe that these are not what they claim to be.

Anybody have a good picture of an F800 to compare them with? Something's not right with those photos.

Edit: Here's one. Compare the angle of the cylinders as they relate to the line formed by the oil pan with the photos above. These bikes don't share the same motor. In fact, compare the area ahead of the clutch cover between the bikes. They're not even close. I think we're being hoodwinked here.

I think those bikes up top are really 650s, not the 800.

1.jpg

But it's a different frame and a taller bike.

Your right. When you blow some of the pics up, there are smuges in various places.
Like others have said, if these are fake - they went to allot of trouble.

Mabye they where a tease -some pre release samples they had laying around, pop a few into the right hands and off into intrenet land...See how the public at large takes to them and hope that the real thing is following public opinion to some degree...

These photos could be photochop, or some Cray supercomputer CAD program used by BMW. Due to the imminent release of the bike (next week) my bet is that they are publicity photos, which often don't REALLY represent the physical bike.

I'm drawing parallels to some '70s Brit bike "PhotoRealist" publicity shots that looked just like photographs, but when you looked closely, there wasn't any wiring or brake/clutch cables. There is also a famous Ducati press shot, of a Scrambler IIRC, that is completely back-asswards, i.e. the exhaust is on the left and the chain on the right.

We'll see. By this time next week it will be all over Raptors and Rockets.

I'm putting my money on:
1) F800 GS
2) F800 GS/PD
3) F650 GS
4) X450

Back