Thread: Portland mechanic

Question Portland mechanic

New to the Portland/Vancouver area...anyone know of a non-dealer quality mechanic/shop? Somebody who knows their way around BMW's w/o charging,
    "by the book" hours for something relatively simple, routine maintenance, honest repairs & upgrades, doesn't charge $120 to put on a set of tires? Any help is appreciated. Thks.

Dundee Oregon

I have yet to use him myself, but plan to soon. His name is Steve Prokop and he has a shop out in Dundee Oregon, a nice little ride out of Portland. His phone number is 503 538 8120.

Question Portland mechanic

Thanks, I'll give him a call.

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    This guy is posting ads on Craigslist in Seattle - even though he's in PDX. You might check in and see what he offers...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/392273116.html

Also, a frequent contributor to this forum, Scott "Knary" Conary (and the MOA's "Information Architect") lives in PDX and might have some information for you - you might want to send him a PM and see if he has any suggestions...
    Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold

Quote Originally Posted by Polizeitaucher View Post
    I have yet to use him myself, but plan to soon. His name is Steve Prokop and he has a shop out in Dundee Oregon, a nice little ride out of Portland. His phone number is 503 538 8120.

And if you do feel like dealing with a dealer, BMW of Oregon has a new shop down in Tigard. It's more of the corporate feel, but they seem to know their stuff and have a solid reputation (as opposed to that other dealer).