• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tech day in East Texas

Jeff488

Aspiring Profligate
Sure sounds like a good idea to me.
I am willing to host it and will have a lift by next week.
Sometime in September is good, weather-wise.

OK, this seems like genuine interest. I'm gonna have to get more organized. I can fit about 5 bikes inside my garage and shop, including 1 on the lift.
The next thing is some one who knows more about airheads than I(won't be hard to find) and is willing to attend. I'll check around and keep you all posted.

I might be able to make it. A bit of a ride from DFW but I would consider it.

Jeff, I think that between the lot of us we probably know a bunch of good stuff.

Last edited:
Date selected

OK, the date is Saturday, Sept. 29th.
The location is 278 County Rd. 2152
Nacogdoches, TX starting when I finish my morning coffee and ending whenever we feel like it..

For directions, Google maps will show the old iteration of the address, which is
274 Deer Creek Drive(and that's what you have to enter). The street is posted as both 2152 and Deer Creek Drive.
Google maps also does not show a new street(Wellington Pointe) which makes my street the fourth one on the right off CR 215, not the third, as shown. If you get lost, call me at 936 569 8343.
Sorry for the confusion, blame the county commission!
My house is on the left about halfway down the street.

We'll do fluid changes, tune ups, maybe spline lubes and whatever else somebody thinks will fit in the day. I have a lift and room for about 2 or 3 other bikes to be worked on inside. Otherwise, if the weather's good, we can do some stuff outside.
I have most of the usual tools, including an exhaust nut wrench, but if you need a special one, ask me about it.

Food(burgers and/or pizza) and drink will be available, as will some camping space. The yard is about 9/10s of an acre and has tent space.

<< Date selected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nacogdoches, TX starting when I finish my morning coffee and ending whenever we feel like it..
>>

Dang it. I just purchase a 1976 R90/6 with a Dnepyr side car and I would love to come but I'm signed up for a side car training class in Louisville, KY that weekend. Barry Longview,TX

Coordinates

These should put you in my driveway, or at least close enough to see the other bikes.
31 deg, 39' 31 North
94 deg, 36' 05 West

I think I'll add brats to the menu.

East Texas tech day reminder

For directions, Google maps will show the old iteration of the address, which is
274 Deer Creek Drive(and that's what you have to enter). The street is posted as both 2152 and Deer Creek Drive.
Google maps also does not show a new street(Wellington Pointe) which makes my street the fourth one on the right off CR 215, not the third, as shown. If you get lost, call me at 936 569 8343.
Sorry for the confusion, blame the county commission!
My house is on the left about halfway down the street.

We'll do fluid changes, tune ups, maybe spline lubes and whatever else somebody thinks will fit in the day. I have a lift and room for about 2 or 3 other bikes to be worked on inside. Otherwise, if the weather's good, we can do some stuff outside.
I have most of the usual tools, including an exhaust nut wrench, but if you need a special one, ask me about it.

Food(burgers and/or pizza) and drink will be available, as will some camping space. The yard is about 9/10s of an acre and has tent space.

This post is just by way of a reminder, and to get the thread up top again for anyone interested who missed it earlier.
I'll have a couple signs out on Appleby Sand Rd(FM2609 and County Rd. 215.
The weather looks good for Saturday, and I have decided to also grill brats for lunch and whatever. Various beverages also available.
At least one person is going to camp. More won't hurt.

I'm still on the fence. We'll just have to see how my week shakes out.

You guys won't mind if I ride a Hexhead though, right? My airhead is hors d'combat right now.

You are definitely welcome.
I would like to have a chance to sit on a hex head, fondle the controls, make vrooom noises, etc.
To date no one else will let me get near one.:boldpurpl

Jeff, if I'm there you will be most welcome to sit and make vrooms. And I won't make any promises, but if I'm in a good enough mood I might even let you take it around the block.

Jeff, if I'm there you will be most welcome to sit and make vrooms. And I won't make any promises, but if I'm in a good enough mood I might even let you take it around the block.

Oh boy.
Did you ever consider "Moto ergo sum"?

My take is that cogito ergo moto = I think therefore I motor...lifted that from another person's sig on another forum years ago.

Thanks Jeff for putting on a really good tech-day! It was great to meet you and all the guys who attended. I really enjoyed the conversations, brats, etc. :thumb

202882213-M.jpg

202882239-M.jpg

Nice photos! They turned out better than mine.
Glad you had a good day. It was a lot of fun, and I think I counted about 10 bikes here. The fellow from Jasper had a really clean toaster tank, and that blue RT was pretty.
I'm thinking it was fun enough to do again next year.
Thanks to all who were here.
Jeff:beer

Back