Thread: Give me Brake Advice

Give me Brake Advice

Sorry to be such a busy body on the forums of late. I'm starting to plan my next project on my 1980 R100T(S)... and that project will be a MAJOR brake overhaul. I'm planning on doing the Speigler Rotor and Pad upgrade, but these things really need a Master Cylinder improvement too.

Can you help? Link me to any story, forum, or vendor that you can. I really want to do my research and get the most bang for my buck.
    Thanks!
    murphy
    Murphy Peoples
    South Carolina
    1980 BMW R100T
    www.projectbmwr100s.com

sumran
    Changing to stainless lines will make a big difference. Especially up front. I thought I needed to change the master until I did the lines. Rear disc is still weak, but you have the drum if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by sumran View Post
    Changing to stainless lines will make a big difference. Especially up front. I thought I needed to change the master until I did the lines. Rear disc is still weak, but you have the drum if memory serves.
    Sumran -
    I can always count on you! I guess what I'll do is send the rotors off to Speigler and go ahead and get their stainless brake lines at the same time. Moving to a more aggresive rotor and pad along with the steel lines I guess should help. I've seen modern Brimbo multi caliper's attached to old airheads and was hoping someone would chime in on that.
    Thanks again (as usual)!
    Murph

BTW- I'm heading out with a group of riders to Maggie Valley NC August 11th to go to the Wheels thru Time Museum and Deal's Gap. I told all the guys that I'll be the old man in the back until I get some doggone brakes!
    Last edited by MurphyPeoples; 07-31-2007 at 07:38 PM.
    Murphy Peoples
    South Carolina
    1980 BMW R100T
    www.projectbmwr100s.com

sumran
    If brakes are the problem, stay in the front and keep the throttle open!

Let us know if you discover any great upgrades.