Thread: waterproof roady xt?

waterproof roady xt?

So I talked my wife into letting me have her Delphi Roady XT out of her car for my bike!

Now I want to mount it so that it is secure and waterproof. I have my iPod in an Aqua case which I love. Of course there isn't a size that fits my Delphi. So now what? I know the easy thing would be to slip it in the map pocket of my tank bag but I want something secure/ lockable/ waterproof (at least for rain)/ and allows me to use the conrtrols.

Before I end up making my own, does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    -Ride Safe & Avoid Anyone On The Phone-
    **2000 R1100RT (Bullfrog), 1976 R90/6 (Tadpole)**
    beemerFROG a.k.a. Douglas E. Rost
    MotoFrog.net -- Black Frog Marketing

Check out www.cyclegadgets.com. They have RAM monts and rain covers and pretty much anything else you'd need. Dave's installed a Roady on his R1200RT and a SkyFi on my R1200CL with this stuff, and we're very happy with it.
    Last edited by clowry; 08-05-2007 at 04:00 PM.

I had just placed a ziploc bag over mine and secured the base with a rubber band...not much of a fashion statement but it kept it dry and in the rain nobody seems to care about the fashion of a bike anyway...lol.

Also I have taken Saran wrap and wrapped it around the radio to enable me to easily see and operate the buttons...again a couple of storms never phased it.

NE Arkansas - Between Goobertown and Buck Snort
    Ditton on Cyclegadgets.com. I have their raincover and it works like a charm, even in the heaviest downpours.