Thread: Brake Rotor

Brake Rotor

Does anyone know of a source for a cast iron brake rotor to fit a /6 or 7 front brake? I need it for a vintage race bike. Thanks

I should have said a "non floating brake rotor"

Bill Burke
    You might try Motobins. Although I can't tell from their page if they sell a non-floating iron rotor for a /6 or not.
    http://www.motobins.co.uk/displaypro...00%25+Original

And I think Bob's BMW might offer the original non-floating too, though I can't say if they're cast iron or not.

Originals are;

Stainless rotors are the original equipment and iron ones will bite better for a tad better performance, but rust becomes a factor with iron rotors! The air holes will rust. Stainless ones with good braided line(s) will do very nicely indeed and you should not need more. Some replace the under tank master cylinder, with the handlebar resevoir for even better performance. One of my best upgrades was the braided line, which was a markable improvement over the stock rubber one. Randy13233

Its a R75/5 race bike & already has braided stainless brake lines & a lockheed master cylinder. Stainless rotors do not give adequate brake performance in this application. the current cast iron rotor has been on the bike about 10 years & is developing stress cracks