• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aeroflow or Parabellum for an 1150GS

DARKCLOUD

I'm 6'1" with a 30" inseam. Which windscreen has less buffeting?Which one do you prefer and why? Thanks, JON

wind screen

i have an aeroflo on my gs and i find it a little short. i am not as tall as you but do have a long torso. i got the short shield not knowing that they had two sizes. if you get the aeroflo go with the tall. i had some problems mounting my piaa 520 because the screen goes down so far. good luck.

Frankly, I find that the MRA/Wunderlich Vario screen is about the best for killing the buffeting.

I guess so....

There's a really, really good GS Windscreen FAQ here.

I've also heard good things about Tobinators, which allow you to change the angle of the shield along with its height.

A web search for Tobinators should turn them right up.

I just put an Aeroflow on my new 1150GS. I had a R12C that I bought used and the previous owner had changed from the Montana screen to larger after market one. Though large, the buffeting was harsh. I replaced it with a smaller sport screen and that was no better. Bought an Aeroflow and that was the best screen I've ridden behind. There are almost as many favorite or 'best' screens posted as riders, but it gets expensive to experiment. Because of my experience with the 'C', I didn't hesitate to get the Aeroflow for the new GS. I'm about 5'11" and the standard is just right - - even when I slump down, I see over it. The high screen would probably be better for taller riders and especially for those who sit more erect than is my habit.

Can't say anything about other recommended screens, but I am pleased with my second screen of this type.

Lew

I have a couple of GSs an 1100 and 1150 both with Aeroflows. They are great. I also have a Parebellum for the 1100 and I get a lot of buffeting with it. It's not my favorite!

I bought the little tank wings that Aeroflow sells for my last trip and I was amazed at how much better they make an already good product. With those in place there is almost still air behind the screen. I wouldn't want to use them in hot weather but when it is cool they'r fantastic. Bear

Aeroflow

Interesting point about the wings. They came with mine and I installed them with the rest of the shield so I didn't know how much difference, if any, they make. I'll file the hot weather idea of removing them away in memory.

Lew

Back