• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bag for F800ST

P

PegsBlueBeem

I'm looking for a 'small' tank bag for my F800ST. Right now I have my eye on an 8.5 liter 3 Point "MiniX" Expandable Tankbag from RKA. (Sonoma Series). At $80.00 it's a lot more reasonable than some other bags. Does anyone have this bag? If so do you like it? OR could someone suggest another tank bag for me to check out?

I'm looking for a 'small' tank bag for my F800ST. Right now I have my eye on an 8.5 liter 3 Point "MiniX" Expandable Tankbag from RKA. (Sonoma Series). At $80.00 it's a lot more reasonable than some other bags. Does anyone have this bag? If so do you like it? OR could someone suggest another tank bag for me to check out?

Peg,

My first tank bag for my F800S was the RKA 16 liter bag, nice bag just very difficult install, a little large for me, and a bit flimsy. I just acquired and installed a Marsee 10 liter bag bought at f800depot.com. Much better made, worth the $134.99 price, and supporting members at f800riders.org (I am one) get $10 off their orders. It is the perfect size for the tank, too and the Marsee bag's much higher quality matches the BMW and the BMW tank bag, better than the RKA bag does.

I also bought the electric kit for the bag, since I am now going to use my car-used Garmin nuvi GPS in the Marsee's waterproof clear viewing area, mounted in the bag. Just got it all hooked up and have tried it and it works, nice!

The Marsee is not expandable, but I can always switch out the bags if I have to for a longer trip (but the RKA is a much tougher install). For most weeks' running around the Marsee will do it. And the electric feature is sweet, too as my nuvi also plays mp3's so I can listen to music on long trips, using helmet speakers.

You can buy the Marsee and electrify it later. It is also waterproof inside, while the RKA needs a separate rain cover for that. Marsee has a separate rain cover available for very rainy places but where I am in the desert, that's a non-issue.

I hope this helps you but after trying an RKA, the Marsee is a much better bag and worth the extra money.

Tweety1

I like the Marsee bag

I bought a Marsee bag when I first got my F800ST and it has worked well. It is low enough in profile that it doesn't interfer with my riding, but as the same time large enough for most of the items I carry. See my picture of my bike on the G and F bike forum.

I bought a Marsee bag when I first got my F800ST and it has worked well. It is low enough in profile that it doesn't interfer with my riding, but as the same time large enough for most of the items I carry. See my picture of my bike on the G and F bike forum.

Do you know what size yours is? I'd like to know, please.

I believe it is the Might Mini.
Thanks, that one is 8L of space. Glad to see it is enough for most of what you need to carry. My new one is the Rocket Pocket and it is 10L, and supplants the Mighty Mini.

I'd post pics but right now I am in the middle of switching PC's.

Last edited:
Please post your TANK BAG pics!

Thanks, that one is 8L of space. Glad to see it is enough for most of what you need to carry. My new one is the Rocket Pocket and it is 10L, and supplants the Mighty Mini.

I'd post pics but right now I am in the middle of switching PC's.

Thanks for the heads up on both of the Marsee bags coyotebmw & Tweety1. Is it possible for either of you or anyone out there to post a picture of your F800S or ST with the 8 & 10 liter Marsee bag on it? Or any other tank bag for that matter. The website ( f800depot.com ) only displayed the Marsee 10 liter bag on a Triumph. I want to know how high up it rides on the tank as I want to be sure it does not interfere with seeing the gauges or my steering abilities.

Hope you're done switching your PC's Tweety1 :)

Also coyotebmw where did you get your 8 liter bag?

I'm chomping on the bit here as I want to order up my new bag ASAP :type

Small BMW tank bag - in no way obstructs the guages. I can even see the BMW badge on the steering head.
IMG_6679.jpg

Small BMW tank bag - in no way obstructs the guages. I can even see the BMW badge on the steering head.
IMG_6679.jpg

Goregous bike & photo! My wife is picking up its twin tomorrow. Same color F800ST with the BMW saddle bags, but we decided to try the Chicane EX tank bag, which is the same as I have on my R12ST. We wanted to be able to easily switch between bikes.

I can't help but notice you're making good use of the edge of your rear tire. Nice! :thumb

I can't help but notice you're making good use of the edge of your rear tire. Nice! :thumb

You'll soon see that they are all like that. With normal street and highway riding, my buddy who rides a Ninja something saw my F800S when I had it 3 weeks, and he said the same thing, just said it a little diffrently as in "you must lean over a lot more than I can on my Ninja."

Tweety1
Loving that F800S!:twirl

Thanks for the heads up on both of the Marsee bags coyotebmw & Tweety1. Is it possible for either of you or anyone out there to post a picture of your F800S or ST with the 8 & 10 liter Marsee bag on it? Or any other tank bag for that matter. The website ( f800depot.com ) only displayed the Marsee 10 liter bag on a Triumph. I want to know how high up it rides on the tank as I want to be sure it does not interfere with seeing the gauges or my steering abilities.

Hope you're done switching your PC's Tweety1 :)

Also coyotebmw where did you get your 8 liter bag?

I'm chomping on the bit here as I want to order up my new bag ASAP :type

Peg,
On the F800S, the 10L Marsee which can hold electronic goodies (gps, mp3 player, XM head) instead of "mounting them" slightly blocks the BMW medallion below the key, leaving full view of the gauges. This "extra" height is for the polycarbonate clear cover that holds the electronics, providing a clear view of them. I could pull the bag back to not interfere of the medallion view, but I like it "forward"; it can be mounted inches back.

Right now, I am awaiting a call from Microsoft support about the PC, so I hope the fix is very soon.

Later, Tweety1 (aka Jordan)

Back