Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Plexus

plexus is ....

... great stuff but I use sprayway. It gets everything out without damaging the windscreen. Cheaper too. Plexus is a little better at wicking water away but not as good a cleaner so I apply it after sprayway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    R1200RT, R1100RTP, R1150GSA, F800ST, DR200

Quote Originally Posted by hcmiller52 View Post
    You are so right! It is Novus I've been using. After reading your post, I stopped at my favorite motorcycle shop and saw both products side-by-side on the shelf and realized my mistake. I bought the one can of Plexus he had on the shelf and immediately took it to my scratched up face shield on my daily-ride helmet. Wow! Best product I've ever used on my faceshield.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake I'm happy to find another great product.

Eating crow,
    Curt
    GLAD to help Curt! You'll find a use for the Novus too... Plexus doesn't do *every*thing I usually start a season off by fully washing the bike. In the process, I remove the windshield and use Novus #1 and #2 on it to really get it nice and clean and clear. Then an application of Plexus. The rest of the summer, I usually only need the Plexus. This grew out of habit from my K100's which seemed to need the extra grit of Novus to get them nice and clear.
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

Quote Originally Posted by FredRydr View Post
    I use Brillianize. I bought a gallon for $20 in 1999, and still have a quart remaining, even after giving some away.

http://www.brillianize.com

I had to go to a plastics fabricator to buy it, but now it is available online.

Fred
    '07 R
    It doesn't look like it would "cling" though?? One of the things I liked with Plexus is that it clings to where you spray it, not quite like a foam, and it will run a bit, but enough stays in place to soak in and eat off bug grime.
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft FredRydr's Avatar
    Cling? You spray it on, let it soften the crappy stuff, and wipe it off. The cool part is when you flip your rag over to the dry side and polish the faceshield or windscreen.

Brillianize was top-rated by MCN, back when the stuff was hard to get.

Fred