• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New mileage contest idea

DMR

For WY-
How about a mileage award for the smallest displacement bike ridden the farthest to the rally?

I had the pleasure of talking to an estatic lady who rode her 250 ninja from the east coast to West Bend. It was her first ride of greater than 20 miles and she was absolutely beaming. If she's on the forum, congratulations and I hope your return was as fun and safe .:dance

I would love to see a mileage winner for a rookie.... meaning greatest number of miles driven by a rookie (obtaining a license and beginning riding) in their first year.

I will have my license tomorrow after I finish my MSF class. I plan on putting on some major miles on my 650CS. After attending the Rally with my husband, I just had to come home and start "ridin". :wave

Lori

Ninja 250

Are you sure that was not my wife? We rode from Chicago and logged about 500 miles over the weekend.

After a couple years of persuading her to take a riding course she finally did. I bought her the Ninja 250 (which is arguably the best starter bike around). I can't get her off the thing.

I had planned on attending the Rally (my first) and having her drive up, but she wanted to do the ride having never rode on a highway, I was nervous for he, she did a great job, We had more fun that weekend than we did in a long time.

Anyway...500 miles is here entry on a 250cc bike.

I would love to see a mileage winner for a rookie.... meaning greatest number of miles driven by a rookie (obtaining a license and beginning riding) in their first year.

I will have my license tomorrow after I finish my MSF class. I plan on putting on some major miles on my 650CS. After attending the Rally with my husband, I just had to come home and start "ridin". :wave

Lori

Congrats on getting your license Lori, I hope you get out there and have fun.

Personally I would not encourage a freshly licensed rider to go out and pack on the miles. Experience comes with miles, but I think that experience needs to be gained over time. Long rides add extra challenges such as fatigue. A new rider has enough challenges on the road without adding that to the mix.

Congratulations

Are you sure that was not my wife? We rode from Chicago and logged about 500 miles over the weekend.

Congratulations to her! I remember how nervous I was on my first long ride (to a BMW rally, of course.) Gail is right about the fatigue, which is much worse when you are nervous. Your wife's 500 miles are equal to thousands for an experienced rider. Well done!

Holly

Maybe this time the 'powers to be'

will let the members and attendees know, if they make any changes.

scott c

Back