• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helmet ?S

CHTUCKER

I have been driving around town looking at helmets... A shoei TZ-R in a Large is a good fit and so is a Arai Profile in Large...

I haven't found an HJC yet that fits my head well....

I have been toying with idea of motorcross helmet for around town (under 35mph) Better airflow, face protection without an open face helmet... and at a lower cost. (accidental drops, theft) I have a found a Bell or HJC in Large that fits well. For the highway and higer speeds I will get one of the above helmets..

I am a new rider (BRAND NEW), gonna always were gear, but want to be safe.

I haven't found an Arai XD to try on yet either....

What are your thoughts?

The Arai XD is an excellent helmet. I was trying to decide between that helmet and the Shoei Multitec. I went with the Shoei and love it. I liked it so much I bought my wife one to. It's also very simple to install an autocom system in this helmet if that may be in your future. Check out www.helmetcity.com. Kyle was a great help in finding the right fit and they have free 2 day shipping. The first helmet I ordered didn't fit quite right and they shipped a replacement right out that fit perfect.

We have the Nolan 102's - REALLY like them. I was wearing a 3/4 helmet before, but found the adjustment to the flip-up much better than I thought it would be. It has good ventilaion, and the anti-fog shield works really well in the rain.

Cheryl

Caberg Justissimo

I have had my Caberg for just over a month. In that time, it has been worn for more than twelve hours on eight occassions. Just road 1900 miles in two days coming home from the rally. Very comfortable. At just under $300.00, it is averaged priced. The fighter pilot style sunshield is fantastic. We have one ordered for the wife. She thinks it looks sexy. 'nough said.

If you like the XD and fit is good, get it and try it. It may be perfect for you. Everyone has an opinion as to which helmet is best, but it all boils down to personal preference. What is noisy to some may not be noisy to you. Plus its always a good idea to wear earplugs. Buy it and try it, if you absolutley hate it sell it and try another. Chances are you will like it.

Back