Thread: Saturday, July 14

Saturday, July 14

What a great time! I went from this:

to this:

and all it took was 25 years and a lot of money!

Here is a vid from the wooden bridge:

Here is the Blues Bothers in a good version of a well known song:

Also, I met many of the forum members and it was great, and so were they.
    I had a blast.
    19 BMWMOA Nationals under my belt, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid_Roy View Post
    dadgummit!!! (they say that in the south instead of cursing....)

i'll bet i saw you 15 times at the rally and didn't know you were you.

we need to make a rule for forum-ettes... wear a badge with your handle, or a te-shirt with your avatar so's we can tell who each other are.

verrrry nice /2, Roy

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Hey, I stepped right up and said "Rapid Roy", he turned to me with a look like "what did I do now"?
    He wasn't having any fun at all.
    And his brother looked like he could crush me between his thumb and forefinger so I was on my best behavior.

BTW, I had a blast, to those of you who I correspond with in this forum, it was my pleasure. To those of you who I did not get a chance to meet, next time!

My fault. I was having so much fun, I missed the forum Frenzy.
    I would have liked to meet you also. I usually wear loud T shirts so people know it's me and can run the other way.

It was a blast meeting all the forum members I did and I thought I would see a lot of them during the Beer tent shift on Friday , but we were too dang busy! all the folks I worked with were great and I hope they forgive me for being in their way. First time Beer tent volunteer that I was. Beemokat and I couldn't even tell each other jokes!

I still owe you Beemokat, I tried to find you. Let me know if you will be at the Dells Rally.

Quote Originally Posted by wezul View Post
    Hey, I stepped right up and said "Rapid Roy", he turned to me with a look like "what did I do now"?
    And his brother looked like he could crush me between his thumb and forefinger so I was on my best behavior.

BTW, I had a blast, to those of you who I correspond with in this forum, it was my pleasure. To those of you who I did not get a chance to meet, next time!
    That was cool Wezul. I enjoyed that. I gave you that look because out of the 7000 plus people, on Friday night Sue got one noise complaint and it was about us. She came over at 12:45 instead of sending the Sheriff (for which we are grateful). On Saturday, at 2:00, there was a guy and girl yelling so loud they woke up everybody in our area.

Ian, thank you so much for the compliment, but it is not a /2.
    It is just a 1955 R50, made in the first part of the year. They made some small changes ( a bigger taillight being one of them) and called it a /2. I did put the bigger taillight on and had it converted to 12 Volts for safety reasons, so you would have been hard pressed to tell that.I took it to the Dells Rally a couple times and then it sat for 25 years (or so) after I dropped a valve. This was the first time I rode it since then. If I had crashed on the way to the Rally, it would have taken the surgeons several hours to get the smile off my face. I didn't win anything in the Vintage display, but I had a blast. I missed the judging because my friend crashed on Thursday and I was getting him lunch. I felt that was more important (besides, I didn't wash it and didn't expect to win anything anyway) The other bikes in there were really clean. Everybody was great and I wish I had met more forum members.
    Here is a shout out to Glen and Thoroughbred Cycles for helping me to get there. Glen, you rock!
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 07-16-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: High Praise

That is just wrong. I was on my R50 for the first time in over 20 years, it was my 16 Nat'l and my biggest brother was finally with me after a 20 + year hiatus from Rallies. Also, he and I are large, but my middle brother was also there, he is the aberration. We joke that he looks like the milkman.

I wanted to address this so people are not scared of us. He probably would have needed his whole hand.
    We both haven't been in a fight since High School. We are big Teddy bears, really. He was tickled to be at his first Nat'l and Rally after such a long absence.

I did the same thing at our campsite. The guys camped next to us asked me on Friday if I was with that group. I gave them the same look I did you and asked "why?" He said they had beer from their other buddies and if we wanted it. I said yes, I was with that group and we would take the beer and thank you.
    It was such a good time.
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 07-17-2007 at 09:24 PM. Reason: fixed quotes

*Bump* Man I had fun.

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    we need to make a rule for forum-ettes... wear a badge with your handle, or a te-shirt with your avatar so's we can tell who each other are.
    This ought to be mandatory.

I've unexpectedly met a few forum members at various rallies wearing this number. I managed to find a group in the bier garten, too.

Maybe someone would be willing to design a name tag like the one I saw many MOA staff members wearing? Sure would make it easier to find each other. . . .

Tessler?

Bueller?

REBECCAV
    Sweet bike Roy! Sorry that I missed you and Eric at the rally.

I missed seeing a LOT of forum folks at the rally actually. Maybe a shirt or badge is not a bad idea. But then I'd be the first person to forget to wear it.....

Thank you. I noticed that. Red wanted to meet you also. If I had seen you I would have said hi but I didn't see you once. You even got there early. So....... Hi.
    Last edited by Rapid_Roy; 07-22-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: omissions

Quote Originally Posted by SNC1923 View Post
    This ought to be mandatory.

I've unexpectedly met a few forum members at various rallies wearing this number. I managed to find a group in the bier garten, too.

Maybe someone would be willing to design a name tag like the one I saw many MOA staff members wearing? Sure would make it easier to find each other. . . .

Tessler?

Bueller?

Is that your old machine in the picture? Sweet!