• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Green Bike

six questions before I buy Green

Check this out, a Green Bike, Enertia: The Electric Motorcycle introduced by Brammo Motorsports?

http://www.enertiabike.com/

How long do the batteries last?
How much do new batteries cost?
Exactly where do I dispose of the batteries?
How green was is the factory that made the batteries?
Exactly what third world company assembles the batteries?

Red

Come on, Red, don't keep us in suspense...what's your sixth question???

BTW...how "near" to Northfield do you live? I have relatives that live near the Dundas area, south of Northfield.

#6 Why buy green when I have BMW?

The green bike is cool and would love to test it someday even with the faults..I just hate the mis use of the term green like the MIS use of the catch phrase of organic!

Dundas and Northfield are just a spit from me, I'm about 4-5 miles from both. Just east and south of Dundas. Hows America's only Republic holding up with the rains and such? My guess parrts of TX are wet like a drowned rat, and others like Corpus Cristi, Houston are dry like an ol white bone, correct? ;)

Come on, Red, don't keep us in suspense...what's your sixth question???

BTW...how "near" to Northfield do you live? I have relatives that live near the Dundas area, south of Northfield.

Dundas and Northfield are just a spit from me, I'm about 4-5 miles from both. Just east and south of Dundas. Hows America's only Republic holding up with the rains and such? My guess parrts of TX are wet like a drowned rat, and others like Corpus Cristi, Houston are dry like an ol white bone, correct? ;)

Actually, most of TX got hit hard, except the dry west part. Houston's always wet...I try to avoid flights through Houston because you never know when a storm will pop up. With the rains leaving us (now up in Oklahoma it appears), we're left in the sauna...we're going to pay for it now!!

I know that area somewhat well...an uncle had a farm near the road to Faribault...Hwy 3, right? A few cousins still live in and around the area. Another cousin really liked the Airhead BMW design and almost bought an '89 R100GS but I think shied away from the cost and the potential problems with the u-joints. Instead he bought himself a V-Strom. I think he now lives over in St. Peter.

At $12k it sure is green $.

Yeah, and it kinda foils the whole loud pipes debate, unless there is an after market MP3 player integrated with a faux muffler of megaphone stickin' out its arse.

~Oops. Marketing idea slip.~

Yeah, and it kinda foils the whole loud pipes debate, unless there is an after market MP3 player integrated with a faux muffler of megaphone stickin' out its arse.

~Oops. Marketing idea slip.~

Yea, but you should hear the damn thumb bell on the handle bars, it would scare a whole herd of deer off the damn mountain...IF it could go up a mountain!:)

How long do the batteries last?
How much do new batteries cost?
Exactly where do I dispose of the batteries?
How green was is the factory that made the batteries?
Exactly what third world company assembles the batteries?

Red

Where does the power to charge the batteries come from? This applies to electric cars too.

Back