• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Communication systems

14RT_rider

14_R1200RT
I am looking at purchasing a communcation system for my 04 RT. I have been hesitent to pull the triger and spend the money without actualy hearing some real feedback on what others have already found out.

I like the idea of the bluetooth technology and not having wired hanging all over me and my passenger. I do not want to end up doing this if I buy a system that does not work well :banghead

Dan,

I've been using the Motorola bluetooth setup. It is a rider-passenger intercom plus the rider can answer a cell phone call. While on a call, the intercom is disabled. The passenger will not hear the conversation through the intercom and the intercom is automatically enabled once the cell call terminates.

In theory, you could use it as a bike-to-bike communicator, as long as the distance is within 30'.

The headsets need synchronized only once, after that they will automatically connect. Uses standard Motorola charger.

Good luck,
Tim

Dan.
I just installed an AutoCom Super Pro AVi, Pro-Duo kit on my R12RT. It's not bluetooth but I'm very happy with the sound quality and it was extremely easy to install even for this non-wrencher.

I have the AutoComm and am very happy with it. Although the new Chatterbox that should be coming out in the near future with BlueTooth sounded pretty good at the Dealer Show.

communication system model

Thanks Tim for the infomation. could you tlell me what system it is that you use?

Dan,

I've been using the Motorola bluetooth setup. It is a rider-passenger intercom plus the rider can answer a cell phone call. While on a call, the intercom is disabled. The passenger will not hear the conversation through the intercom and the intercom is automatically enabled once the cell call terminates.

In theory, you could use it as a bike-to-bike communicator, as long as the distance is within 30'.

The headsets need synchronized only once, after that they will automatically connect. Uses standard Motorola charger.

Good luck,
Tim

The model # is HS830, which is avallable with & without the motorcycle pieces. The motorcycle pieces include a helmet speaker and boom microphone unit that attaches to the helmet. It comes with an adhesive strip, but I mounted mine using some spare chatterbox parts.

It works quite well as intended and there are no cables to get tangled up. It is a very clean setup in that regard. The primary drawback is that you can't use the headsets for listening to music or a radio broadcast.

Here is a quick review http://www.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/09132004192230MWENDM.htm

Back