• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Navigator III Cradle Connection

Kentuckyblue

Bluegrass Rider
Does the round connection behind the buttons on the left side of the Nav III serve any purpose other than making the buttons on the left side functional? I just got a new bike prewired for the NavIII but the cable with the round connector fits loosely in the socket and just falls out. Thanks.

Ray

Needed - long black zip tie

Get a long black zip tie and go around unit and securing that round connection in place. There is a gap between the left hand buttons and the main unit to make the tie disappear.

Good Luck

Same question original poster posed. What is the round connector for?

I had a Street Pilot 2730 and 2820, just replaced by a Nav III. The power cable from the Streetpilots works fine to power the GPS, but the side buttons don't work. The power cable that came with the Nav III has that round port that goes in the back of the cradle. So what does that round cable do, exactly? Trying to figure out if it's worth changing the cable out, or not.

Garmin has a separate tech line for BMW products, maybe they can help you or get you an answer.
1-866-455-7012
Explain them you have a BMW gps.

Thanks Bernie, I didn't know this. I will try to call today. The manual doesn't address the motorcycle mount at all.

Connector Function

The round connector is only for the buttons on the L side of the cradle. I rarely use them, even though the connector is attached. The connector is pretty touchy and any bit of off-orientation or bent pins will prevent a tight connection.

Thanks Calmil. I think I'll use the plain StreetPilot mount I already had and save some weight and bulk. I'm so used to the StreetPilot, I doubt I'd use those buttons either, unless there was something really special about them.

How do you access the list of dealers? I see them on the screen when I'm in the area of a dealer, but I don't see them in favorites or pois. Can I access a list of them?

Back