• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Route From Rally To Milwaukee Airport

marcopolo

I'll be staying at a B&B in Cedarburg (Wed-Sat) for the rally. My wife will be flying into Milwaukee, arriving 6:25 p.m. on Friday. I'll be riding to pick her up on the bike, either from the rally site, or from Cedarburg. In either case, my route has me going down I-43.

I see on the DOT website that there is a major construction project to rebuild the Marquette interchange, where I-43 and I-94 meet.

My questions: should I still take I-43 to/from the airport, despite this construction? Would leaving at, say, 5:00 p.m. give me plenty of time to get there(it's about 30 miles from Cedarburg)?

BTW, I know about the free bike parking at the airport.

Last edited:
Marco

Give yourself some extra time, as you will be punching through Friday rush hour as folks want to "get home". If it is raining, give yourself at least another half hour as the intrchanges get congested.

No matter which way you go, you will either be heading into the Marquette or other high traffic areas.

Consider, to avoid the Marquette:

41/45 south to 45 South

45 South to 894 East (will be busy around the Mayfair and 94West areas, but once you are past those exits, traffic will pick up)

894 East to 94 East to Chicago

Follow the signs to the airport

On the airport spur:WATCH YOUR SPEED! And watch out for cages whose passengers are trying to make a flight.

Going thru the Marquette North or South is not too bad. Watch your spacing over the high rise bridge.

Going through the Marquete from the West, and then trying to go North or South is a bitch because of rapid changes in texture (including loose gravel), quick lane shifts, and not well marked signage.

Was Just There!

Just dropped down to the Milwaukee Airport the other day on I-43 / I-94 to pick someone up. Marquette interchange has multiple lanes open in both directions, so your only problems would be rush hour traffic.

Airport exit is Exit 318, so good luck and see you at the Rally!

Ride Alert!

Airport Pick Ups

There is FREE MC parking at the end of the Baggage Claim Area, to the left. It is sheltered and right across from Baggage claim - so a good place to resecure luggage, etc.

After 6:30 on a Friday you should have little traffic trouble. Though you might have some congestion when your headed in for teh pick up. 4-6 is about the worst of the traffic.

Marquette interchange is open, 2-3 lanes through to N43. But there are still some odd shifts in the lanes, so be alert for construction mayhem.

I do think you would have slightly less traffic delay both ways taking 94 to 894 to 45/41, and there is a freeway exit about 100 yards from the rally.

Luck to ya,

Morgen.

Back