• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Salty Fog Rally + Highland Fling

Where will you be in August?

CapeBreton04.jpg

Cape Breton is calling!

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Last edited:
:type .... it's late and the smell of Mary's spaghetti sauce moves down the stairs. The sauce is being prepared for spaghetti and for lasagna. A Salty Fog greeting for those prepared to make the trip. I still have those refried beans in a tortilla wrap to make. :eat :eat :eat The labor is free but a modest donation to cover food costs is appreciated. Camping is free (indoor bedroll space as well) .....but, as of yet we have no showers (next year).

I have a map on PDF but it is 175k and I can't seem to make it smaller. Once I get that figured out I will post.

Please contact Paulbach to join in the merrymaking and become one of the founding members of this little (for now) rally. :deal All are welcome and who wouldn't want to get their smilin' face in ( or 'on') the BMWMOA mag??? Schedule coming very soon. -Bob

I have a map on PDF but it is 175k and I can't seem to make it smaller. Once I get that figured out I will post.

Please contact Paulbach to join in the merrymaking and become one of the founding members of this little (for now) rally. :deal All are welcome and who wouldn't want to get their smilin' face in ( or 'on') the BMWMOA mag??? Schedule coming very soon. -Bob

Since I found out about this AFTER another trip was all scheduled and planned, I'm working on getting started a day earlier and joining you folks for the kickoff, and then I'll head off to meet my original riding buddy, who should be somewhere near Pugwash by Saturday night.

Please email me a map, if you would, Bob: tfm at 110 dot net.

Last edited:
Mid August and where will you be?

You know where you will be mid-August, more or less.

Wouldn't you rather be here?

CapeBreton05.jpg

Come join use for the plank owners start of the Salty Fog Rally.

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Where are these gents headed?
179194304-M.jpg

To the Salty Fog Rally on Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Come join us.

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Thanks to M1KA for the use of the sailboat image. :wave

Last edited:
The best part of summer

It's August - the last month of summer. Temperatures tomorrow (August 2) are to rise to the 90's

You can

• circle the block
  • ride in hair dryer like heat
  • hide in an air conditioned cage

or

Head For the Salty Fog Rally

CapeBreton06.jpg

Oh, don't forget to bring a warm blanket. :thumb

August

August means a lot of things to many people:

Hot
Steamy
Humid
Hazy
Uncomfortable
Thunderstorms

But if you are going to the Salty Fog Rally

CapeBreton07.jpg
Cool, Comfortable, Breezy, Outdoor Living​

If you prefer the latter to the former, join us at the

Salty Fog Rally
Cape Breton Is Calling

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Ham Freqs. and update

Oils changed Red extra seat pillow is out,installed the new GPS should be on the road on the 13th barring any unforseen things That should be it see ya all at Indian Larry's Bonsor my friends

Cheers
Michael

Simplex freq. 145.125
VE3CEH Durham ARES,Ontario.:thumb

Trip with ATI 201 HANHELDS vox controled.
VE1CR 146.610 A Sydney
VE1OM 146.640 Gore/Central
VE1GYS 146.700 Lundy, Guys Co. Antigonish ARC
VE1YAR 146.730 A Yarmouth
VE1XK 146.790 MAVCOM On = 112* Off =113* Truro / Nuttby Truro ARC
VE1RTI 146.820 Antigonish
VE1NZ 146.85 Dartmouth
VE1JNR 146.880 Barrington Barrington Area ARS
VE1HCA 146.910 Falmouth
VE1HK 146.940 A - CTCSS 131.8 Sydney
VE1SPR 147.000 Springhill
VE1NIN 147.90 Hebbville
VE1AEH 147.180 A Blomidon
VE1LCA 147.195 A Bridgewater
VE1WN 147.240 Greenwood
VE1WRC 147.285 Amherst
VE1PSR 147.270 Halifax
VE1VO 147.300 Liverpool
VE1BBY 147.360 Greenfield
VE1CDN 146.970 Halifax Air Port
VE1KIL 146.730 A Kiltarlity Mtn
VE1LUN 147.330 Bezanson (Chester)
VE1SCR 146.610 A Shelburne
VE1DXI 146.685 Hammonds Plain
VE1HR 146.760 A New Glasgow
VE1AAR 147.015 A North Range
VE1EXP 146.820 Lower Sackville
VE1HAM 146.880 A Rear Boisdale
VE1HNS 146.940 Halifax
VE1MHR 147.030 Musquodoboit
VE1DAR 147.150 A Dartmouth
VE1TPR 147.195 Dalhousie Mtn
VE1TRO 147.210 Truro / Nuttby Truro ARC
VE1CBI 147.240 A Cape Smokey
VE1UW 147.270 New Glasgow
Thanks to the oparations book NovaScotia:wave :wave

I Love Salty Fog:wow

Yes and "know."

In the end all who attend will have a great time. One of the top ten tourist destinations is the venue. Early arrivals will have all the salt cod and salty fog they wish.

Now about GS and BS. Good rallies have ample amounts of both.

All questions will be thoroughly evaluated and reviewed by the same committee that is studying the winter rally. :laugh

In the meantime plans are underway for the Big and Better GIG in Gotham.

Whoa, Wait a minute! 2 meters in Nova Scotia?

Should I power up my old hand held? Great idea!

de
W2USN

Nice Map

Thanks for all the 2 meter repeater frequencies, Michael. That was on my list of things to acquire.

73, ka1tox
Totaly welcome. thanks for the coulor map

remember 145.125 simplex:thumb

Mike VE3CEH

You could

• be stuck in traffic
  • mowing the lawn
  • washing the cage
  • working down the Honey Do List
OR
you and your bike could be riding here ...
CapeBreton09.jpg

and your choice is ...

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Kiss the Fish

Can I get a Day Pass ? Or do I have to be local ? After this I might even buy a BMW ! :clap :clap :clap :kiss :kiss :wow

Is there a wavier process and is it under colonial rule or parliamentary ?

172 NOVA SCOTIA DOCUMENTS. :fight Be prepared to sign the Salty Fog Charter

We declare at the same time, and promise by order and in His Majesty's name, that all those who shall take the oath of allegiance, and who, in consequence of that, shall continue faithful and good subjects of the King of Great Britain, shall enjoy the same privileges equally with the subjects of his Majesty, and shall be aided, assisted, and protected against all those who may endeavour to molest them.

Given at the Port of Chebucto, in the 23rd year of the reign of his Majesty, August 1st, N.S., 1749.

ED. CORNWALLIS.

It is His ExcellencyÔÇÖs order that this decree be published in each department as soon as possible, that no person may pretend ignorance of the same.

C. S.

HUGH DAVIDSON.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At a Council held on board the Beaufort on Wednesday the 6th of Sept. 1749.

PRESENT

His Excellency the Governor
John Horseman John Salusbury
Charles Lawrence Hugh Davidson
Benj. Green Wm. Steele

Deputies from the French districts presented the following letter from the French inhabitants signed by one thousand persons.

(Translated from the French.)

To his Excellency EDWARD CORNWALLIS, Captain General, Governor in Chief, and vice Admiral in the King's Province of Nova Scotia or Acadie, Colonel in the service of His Majesty, and Gentleman of his chamber."

We cannot sufficiently thank your Excellency, for all the kindness you were good enough to show us on your arrival, whether in the gracious reception you gave our deputies, or in the term of three months which you have given us, to consider the course we are to pursue, with respect to the oath"

Rumor has it that it is going to be 35 dollars for the Salty Frog:eat :gerg :beer :bar :nra :nra :fart :jawdrop :hide and 45 dollars for the Highland Fling ? Or is it Paulbs boat fee divided by the number of attendees ? Or how much is needed at Camp .............. ? All I know that gas is cheaper at 1.10 CND per liter.

Is there camping ? If not, are there gutters or dunk tank available ?

How expensive is the beer tent ?

Do we get a sailors dram of rum daily or is that extra ?

Do I get a refund if I don't camp or have a Hotel with doors ?

Are kilts optional ? Because I can't be blamed for pissing my pants that is why !

How come there is no Canadian Smiley or did it move to Mexico ?

Is it a GS ride or BS ride, if so what is the difference ? :wave

:fight :fight :nono

Last edited:
Touringo,

Did you make this video?

StatDawg tipped me off! :laugh

... unfortunately not.... but somewhere in the mid '70 I was in a cage full of people that you don't tell Mom about and coming down off Cape Smokey with BTO's "Takin' Care of Business" blasting while we rapidly cut through soup fog. Each turn came as a total suprise. Good thing a cat was driving because I really couldn't see where we were going. uh...that's all I remember. Nice video though. -Bob

Some Weather and Contact Notes

:type .... on a more serious note: the local forecast (trend) looks clear and a bit cooler than recent temps. Go to http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=fourteenday&placecode=cans0057

Please be sure and contact Paulbach regarding your intent to come to this little gathering. I am contacting the distillery regarding tour numbers as well as contacting the Louisbourg and Meat Cove campgrounds to book space. I will get back at those maps again tonight and post. Previously posted maps by Paul will likely suffice but I do want to be sure that no time is wasted wandering the challenging backroads of Guysborough County :laugh As well, if you cannot make the little 'kitchen party' in Larry's River we do hope that you will meet up with the rolling phase in Cape Breton. Contact info posted soon. -Bob

.... Paul, a wee dram of rum might be achievable..... will work on that one. But, while we are on the subject of ingesting fermented debris..... please be aware that the taxes on such items may give you sticker shock so be advised to pack accordingly. :beer -Bob

"that ol' black rum's got a hold on me like a dog wrapped 'round my leg" - lyrics from Great Big Sea

Last edited:
Back