• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

England Question

S

SCDorman

Hello all. I guess this is a reverse Ride Report...a solicitation for information. My wife and I are heading to England for a couple weeks in late summer or early fall and are considering renting a bike as opposed to a car. Has anyone out there done this recently, and can you give any tips on where to rent, places to go, etc.?

Thanks.

Steve, in Iowa, where it's 7 below

Contact me about England. I can give you some hot tips about England, don't want to waste the bandwidth here
Ted Hall

Hey Steve,click on this site:www.UKGSer. This site comes from England,and everybody over there is very helpful. I'm sure they can answer all of your questions,and give you the latest information.

Steve, start here if you like .

http://www.bikeshareworld.com/ TransAtlantic Bike Share

I did this TABS back in '96 and '97. Again this year lynn and I will be doing it again. England and IOM , Isle of Man. The bike we exchanged was my R/90/6 for a K100LT and this year a K1100RS while we will be over this year. It works great and you get to get in real close to the local people this way.

Riding on the wrong side is a bit scary, but if your SO is with you, she can apply dope slaps when necessary

Mooo

ted

I can only add I returned from a London business trip today and even the simple journey to the airport had me very interested in touring the country on two wheels... from history to hedges to old stone farm houses, I was hooked on making this happen someday. FWIW, I almost did this a couple of years ago while there and had a Honda VFR all lined up to rent. All I did was go to Google and performed different searches. Found everything I needed and more.

Back