• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sirius Hook-up on a K1100 LT

1der

The radio on my K1100LT doesn't work. No power to the radio molex connector inside fairing compartment, all fuses are good, well the ones I can find anyway. Was wondering if someone has used the Sirius system on a MC. Is it much of a job to install. How do you get the radio bracket out of the fairing compartment?
1der

Personally, I have never done that.

But, I am confident that if you go to a professional radio shop, they will know how to get that done for you without any issues, I know for a fact that it can be done, its just that I have never done it myself.

Best of luck!

The radio on my K1100LT doesn't work. No power to the radio molex connector inside fairing compartment, all fuses are good, well the ones I can find anyway. Was wondering if someone has used the Sirius system on a MC. Is it much of a job to install. How do you get the radio bracket out of the fairing compartment?
1der

Maybe this!

Your stereo system most probably has another fuse link somewhere beyond the standard bike fuse panel, so look hard for it and you're home free. Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I have had the same thought about another fuse link SOMEwhere., But I sure can't find it. I was thinking it may be under the radio bracket but can't get it out. I'll keep looking. Haven't taken off the tank, I'll bet it's under there.
1der

Ther are two circuits, switched and constant, are they bboth dead. It may be a ground. Verify your test light and check again with your ground lead at a known good ground. Turn your key to the assc. position and you should have two circiuts.
I believe once the radio is removed with the release tools, you can unbend the metal tabs that are stopping you from removing the radio sleve from the fairing. I don't remember if there were fuses in the factory harness but you'll find out when its out.
I assume its a factory radio, and that it worked for you recently. Check for things you did on your bike lately too.
I've been thinking about changing mine, but a portable that goes in the tank bag is probally the way I'd go.
Later,
"Wiener"

After a closer look I did find 12V going to the radio. Checked with my Dad, he said the darm radio NEVER worked very well. I was able to get the radio and bracket out(got a BIGGER hammer) I talked to a radio installer and he was going to look at the radio to see if it was working on the bench. If he can get the radio to work I'll get a satellite radio system installed. Then I won't have to worry about loosing stations when on the road.

I assume you have entered your secret code # or the factory one, with the radio tuner preset-buttons. If you don't after a power interuption it goes into its security mode and it won't play till the code is entered, however it will "turn on".
Good luck

Back