• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Showers

this is a permanent county fairground, there should be restrooms/showers open whenever

Shower trailers will not be on the rally grounds until Wednesday, July 11th.

Early set-up people will need to use the one (yes, there is one) shower. Or you can ask a friend with a hotel room to use theirs... Or ... there are plenty of water spigots also.

Early set-up people will need to use the one (yes, there is one) shower. Or you can ask a friend with a hotel room to use theirs... Or ... there are plenty of water spigots also.

Tnx Sue,

I can only take one shower at a time so I'm good to go.:laugh

I almost want to show up early for one of two reasons:

- Charge a "modest" fee for using the shower in my hotel room

- Watch all of the "early arrivals" who didn't really want to volunteer freak out when there is a several hour wait for the shower. :lurk

:D

Hot Showers

The anticipation of this rally just keeps building. First, Sue lets me volunteer for early setup. Then, I find that there are no shade trees. And now, I learn that I get to shower outside. WOW! It doesn't get any better than this! If we don't have adventures, our stories get boring.

Remember, the difference between adventure and adversity is attitude.

The anticipation of this rally just keeps building. First, Sue lets me volunteer for early setup. Then, I find that there are no shade trees. And now, I learn that I get to shower outside. WOW! It doesn't get any better than this! If we don't have adventures, our stories get boring.

Whiners pay attention! :thumb +1

I was just thinking; everyone has the option of using the ponds on the rally site. Look out for geese before entering, and watch your step! :laugh

Just the right attitude to have. However, since I bought a cover, if you camp close to me I will share some of the shade. :thumb

I'm looking forward to the adventure which is less than 2 weeks away.:dance

there's a few cattle washing area's about

just use the bucket method while wearing swim trunks

dump bucket of water over head
lather
dump bucket of water over head
repeat until clean

How many trailers are coming?

Will the trailers be open 24hrs?

See you in a few weeks!

online I looked and found portable showers,.....many pack up small and you can get up to 3 showers out of one 5gal bag

online I looked and found portable showers,.....many pack up small and you can get up to 3 showers out of one 5gal bag

True but then again I doubt the facility wants thousands of campers taking outdoor showers. (gray water issues).

I never have a problem scoring a shower at the rally because I go at "off hours", i.e. the middle of the night.

With shower trailers there is usually an attendant and the trailer is closed for a period of time so the attendant can get some rest, do service etc. There is a huge difference between 48 showers that are available 24 hrs and 48 showers that are open from 8am to midnight, hence the question about hours.

Bud,
Temporary thread hijack here....Do you know the preferred 2m or 440 repeater up there?

Dave
WI9Q

When will they be available? In time for the set up crew to use?

Just curious as to weather or not we can expect an answer to the original question.

I undstand trailers will arrive Wednesday, however the question remains as to weather or not they will be open 24hrs.

I checked the Rally Schedule and there is no mention which makes me hope we will have around the clock access. Confirmation would be nice, I would like to know if I can count on finding open facilities after a potentially late arrival Thursday evening.

Thanks very much.

Just curious as to weather or not we can expect an answer to the original question.

I undstand trailers will arrive Wednesday, however the question remains as to weather or not they will be open 24hrs.

I checked the Rally Schedule and there is no mention which makes me hope we will have around the clock access. Confirmation would be nice, I would like to know if I can count on finding open facilities after a potentially late arrival Thursday evening.

Thanks very much.

I'm 'seeing' the cyber equivilant of a deer in the headlights.........:dunno

Thanks very much.

How MANY trailers are arriving would also be nice to know...

Back