Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Showers

Question Showers

When will they be available? In time for the set up crew to use?

tuber1

Cool

this is a permanent county fairground, there should be restrooms/showers open whenever

Shower trailers will not be on the rally grounds until Wednesday, July 11th.

Early set-up people will need to use the one (yes, there is one) shower. Or you can ask a friend with a hotel room to use theirs... Or ... there are plenty of water spigots also.
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador; MOA Director
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

We could bring a hose and sprayer to wash the dirty masses

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rihn-Manke View Post

Early set-up people will need to use the one (yes, there is one) shower. Or you can ask a friend with a hotel room to use theirs... Or ... there are plenty of water spigots also.

Tnx Sue,

I can only take one shower at a time so I'm good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasbutan View Post
    We could bring a hose and sprayer to wash the dirty masses

Don't make me get the hose!

I almost want to show up early for one of two reasons:

- Charge a "modest" fee for using the shower in my hotel room

- Watch all of the "early arrivals" who didn't really want to volunteer freak out when there is a several hour wait for the shower.

From MARS

Hot Showers

The anticipation of this rally just keeps building. First, Sue lets me volunteer for early setup. Then, I find that there are no shade trees. And now, I learn that I get to shower outside. WOW! It doesn't get any better than this! If we don't have adventures, our stories get boring.

Remember, the difference between adventure and adversity is attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasseigler View Post
    The anticipation of this rally just keeps building. First, Sue lets me volunteer for early setup. Then, I find that there are no shade trees. And now, I learn that I get to shower outside. WOW! It doesn't get any better than this! If we don't have adventures, our stories get boring.

Whiners pay attention! +1

I was just thinking; everyone has the option of using the ponds on the rally site. Look out for geese before entering, and watch your step!

Quote Originally Posted by thomasseigler View Post

Just the right attitude to have. However, since I bought a cover, if you camp close to me I will share some of the shade.

I'm looking forward to the adventure which is less than 2 weeks away.

HODAG
    there's a few cattle washing area's about

just use the bucket method while wearing swim trunks

dump bucket of water over head
    lather
    dump bucket of water over head
    repeat until clean

How many trailers are coming?

Will the trailers be open 24hrs?

See you in a few weeks!

online I looked and found portable showers,.....many pack up small and you can get up to 3 showers out of one 5gal bag

Quote Originally Posted by rottenbiker View Post
    online I looked and found portable showers,.....many pack up small and you can get up to 3 showers out of one 5gal bag
    True but then again I doubt the facility wants thousands of campers taking outdoor showers. (gray water issues).

I never have a problem scoring a shower at the rally because I go at "off hours", i.e. the middle of the night.

With shower trailers there is usually an attendant and the trailer is closed for a period of time so the attendant can get some rest, do service etc. There is a huge difference between 48 showers that are available 24 hrs and 48 showers that are open from 8am to midnight, hence the question about hours.