• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200 GS Adventure Windshield on a R1200GS

begoud

Hi,

I am 5'8'' and I would like some comments from people who have put a R1200 GS Adventure windshield on a regular R1200GS. Is it worth the money ? Less buffeting and wind ? Have you put the small winglets too ? Any brackets to increase the rigidity of the winglets ?

Thanks.

There are excellent message threads you can view at advrider.com (In the GSpot Forum), with perspective on installation and results.

FWIW, I have a 1150GS ADV windscreen on my 1150GS. Huge improvement over stock and I'm happy as can be. If the same works with the 1200GS bikes, you'll be happy too.

Cee Bailey

I just ordered Cee Bailey's new "enhanced" windshield for my R1200GS. Haven't rec'd it yet, but it suppose to be loosely modeled after the adventure shield. You might want to compare prices and design...

Hi,

I am 5'8'' and I would like some comments from people who have put a R1200 GS Adventure windshield on a regular R1200GS.

well, i haven't done this, but i've spent a good deal of time behind the adventure shield.

and... i am 5'8"... which has a lot to do with how the shield performs for you. when discussing/comparing windshield peformance, height and inseam (from which you can guage torso length) are important dimensions to know, as a taller person has a different experience than a shorter.

i was very pleased with the difference - in terms of smoother airflow and slightly more protection - that the adventure shield offered. i don't like too much protection, and the shield doesn't cut off all air flow, if that's what you're interested in.

the lobes of the large tank on the adventure also have a positive effect on buffeting caused by dirty airflow, so it would be worth checking out GSpot on ADVrider to get some commentary from people who have done specifically what you're contemplating.

ian

Windshield

It is great. I am 5'8" and it is our height. Smother and no buffering at all. Joe:thumb

Windshield

I have the Cee Bailey's new "enhanced" windshield but I took it off for summer due to the heat, Texas. Not enough wind gets to you. But in the Winter it is the best. Joe:type

Back