• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The important stuff: What beer?

I'm not a beer snob. I just have this bad habit of wanting to put things in my mouth that don't taste bad.

:doh OPEN WIDE:sick
Since you are so particular, maybe you should BYO. Dissen the local blends won't do anything but cause trouble. So suck em up:bottle :bottle

I'm not a beer snob. I just have this bad habit of wanting to put things in my mouth that don't taste bad.

Since you are so particular, maybe you should BYO. Dissen the local blends won't do anything but cause trouble. So suck em up:bottle :bottle

:ha
It's beer. Save your angst for important things like motorcycles, cheese, football and toilet paper (all I ask for is two ply).

You can not BYO to this one.

Having said this the beer team does a fantastic job and I am sure the selected brews will be just fine so no need to go out hunting. I like Hodag's idea of a blind taste test. I hope we can bring growlers back to our campsites.

I am looking forward to sampling the Wisconsin Mirco's and cheese, two things the state is famous for. :dance I am willing to bet that with the wide selection there will be some I don't like and some I will enjoy very much and half the fun will be finding out which is which.

You can not BYO to this one.

Having said this the beer team does a fantastic job and I am sure the selected brews will be just fine so no need to go out hunting. I like Hodag's idea of a blind taste test. I hope we can bring growlers back to our campsites.

I am looking forward to sampling the Wisconsin Mirco's and cheese, two things the state is famous for. :dance I am willing to bet that with the wide selection there will be some I don't like and some I will enjoy very much and half the fun will be finding out which is which.

Oh great. Here come the boat snobs.
Now that you're retiring you're gettin' all diplomatic and stuff. :ha

Ah, yes. Thank you. I'll muddle through so long as I stay away from the New Glarus Spotted Cow which is the exact beer that reminded me of unfortunately bland sweetened sweaty budweiser.

Hey. That was my favorite NG beer! I tried the Edel Pils and the Uffda (sp?), sort of the two ends of the spectrum and the Spotted Cow was the best for me. Tasty but not too tasty.

Hey. That was my favorite NG beer! I tried the Edel Pils and the Uffda (sp?), sort of the two ends of the spectrum and the Spotted Cow was the best for me. Tasty but not too tasty.

What a surprise. A k-bike owner that lacks taste. :ha

(this would be called good natured ribbing)

good morning. :wave

Oh great. Here come the boat snobs.
Now that you're retiring you're gettin' all diplomatic and stuff. :ha

True. I was a nice guy up until about three years ago and I look forward to being a nice guy again. :hug :buds

There was something about busting my butt on a "do-nothing" ** board that made it pretty difficult to keep on a happy face.

** All members of the board I served with busted their humps, the "do-nothing" is a quote from a member who felt our wheels weren't round enough of something; yet couldn't appreciate the irony of using a new service said board introduced to talk smack. :nyah

(Beer snob voice on) Sierra Nevada? Formulaic flavor profile of the brewing program at UC Davis! Can't we look for something more.....original? :hungover (pinky finger raised slightly as I sniff into the air)

It's a 5 star pale ale, my man. True to style, appropriately subtle and readily available. :thumb

Excellent off-site place to visit

The Silver Creek Brewery is one of our favorite places to visit. Located in downtown Cedarburg, it is a mere 20 minutes from the rally grounds.

It's a small establishment with some very big beers, including a wonderful root beer. They always have 12 beers on tap, only 4 or 5 are their own. Located on the Cedar Creek, the beer garden is a great place to kick back and relax, and just enjoy the view.

Hours: Thursday - Open at 5 PM. Friday - open at 3 PM. Saturday - Open at 2 PM.
Silver Creek Brewing Company Web Site

Attachments

• SCBC.JPG
    SCBC.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 55
Back