• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Turn signal reminder.

dougfollett

I don't know if it is my age or just my life long tendency towards absent mindedness but it seems that no matter how hard I try I always leave the turn signal on at least once during a trip across town. Is there a product that works well for other people with this problem? My wife saw me on my bike with my blinker on when she passed me going the opposite direction and said my blinker was on for as far as she could see me and I had just made a turn. You would think the large blinking, green light in front of my face would be enough but it is amazing what one can ignore.

Hoo

Kisan makes relays that turn signals off after 8 or I believe 15 seconds, set by you. they also are direct plug in replacements for your stock relay on most bikes.
I have them on all the bikes now and another benefit are the blinkers on the R bikes are running lights.

http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

turn signal reminders

Kisan makes relays that turn signals off after 8 or I believe 15 seconds, set by you. they also are direct plug in replacements for your stock relay on most bikes.
I have them on all the bikes now and another benefit are the blinkers on the R bikes are running lights.

http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

Be careful about relying entirely on those automatic signal cancelers. They should be there to be used only if you screw up and forget to manually cancel your turn signals.

Example: You put on your left turn signal to enter the shopping mall. You want to
park in lot 6, but as you are going down the road past lots 1, 2 and 3 it hasn't been 15 seconds yet so your left turn signal is still flashing. Traffic is busy at the mall today and somebody waiting to exit lot 2 sees your left turn signal flashing and decides to pull out right now since you're turning in.

Remember, you can be right just as easily as you can be dead right! Rely on your brain and training, not mechanical devices.

Friedle

Riding a motorcycle is a Mental activity that involves Physical skills!

turn signals cancel or horn

I have a somewhat similar, probably age related, habit; When I am pushing for extra miles on a day's ride and never know how tired I until I stop, I know it is time to search for a motel when I hit the horn rather than the non-ergonomic cancel button...good luck ; being an old biker is still better than other options...wj

I have a somewhat similar, probably age related, habit; When I am pushing for extra miles on a day's ride and never know how tired I until I stop, I know it is time to search for a motel when I hit the horn rather than the non-ergonomic cancel button...good luck ; being an old biker is still better than other options...wj

Don't you just hate that?! I usually want to hide under a rock after scaring the bejeevis out of someones grandmother when all I wanted to do was turn:bolt

There is a product "Signal Minder" I believe it was called I installed on my 1150 Rt. I will try to look it up and post correct name and place purchased. It plugs into the turn signal modual. Very simple.

I really like it because it keeps my turn signal lights on as running lights, with adjustable brightness. Turn signal cancelling can be set to different intervals. I believe it is 8, 15 or 45 seconds.

The part I also really like is that you can cancell the turn signal by hitting the appropriate turn signal button again rather than the cancell button. Thus I no longer even use the cancelling button. Never could figure why there where three buttons for two turn signals. Great in traffic, hit turn signal once move into lane tap again and it's off, no more seeking the cancellation seperatley.

Here is a site where you can purchase the signal minder.

http://www.bobsbmw.com/index.html

Make sure to specify bike model and year.
See brief description below.
Good luck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check here before ordering for the latest application chart to ensure proper fit for all Kisan parts (signalMinders?«, tailBlazers?«, pathBlazers?«).
You know that guy you ride with who leaves his turn signal on for the whole ride. You'd think after a few miles he'd notice. You've used every sign and gesture - even tried mental telepathy - to get him to turn off the stupid blinker, but No! It's bad enough he's a safety hazard, the worse thing is that he's slowly driving you mad!

Do the world a favor. Tell that guy there's help for absent-minded turn signal abusers. The SignalMinder automatically cancels turn signals. It's a versatile device, letting you adjust the duration of flashing to your liking. It even has a mode to convert turn signals to double as running lightsÔÇöwith nothing else to add or modify! Easy to install, too; simply replace your stock flasher relay with the solid-state SignalMinder, set it and ride. The SignalMinder fits most modern BMW models.

SignalMinder for Select Motorcycle Oil-cooled (4-valve) Twins: 1994 and up Air-cooled (2-valve) Twins: 1987 to 1995 SignalMinder for F650 bikes

($109.95)

Back