• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

boxergrrlie's wild ride

Hey, BG, just what was that you were "accusing" me of a couple months ago? Now you're out doing it, with Sue, no less! Let me guess, the cooler with the beer was meant to keep the beer WARM, as in not frozen? It goes down easier that way. I hate chewing beer.

Hey, Sue, I'll try to bring some more of that single-malt scotch to the GR3 again. See ya there!

It's cold enough. My brother and his buddies have started again.
They are more than happy to let visitors give it a shot.

years ago I saw some of this over on Prince Edward Island but nothing since. Interesting stuff. Curiosity got me so I googled around for info. Saw this little ride with aggressive teeth. -Bob
icebike.jpg

I have not seen Ms. Vaughn since gee, a year ago November Madness ( I think that I have the time line correct) when Hotspice showed up at R Roy's with some delicious (and spicy) vegetarian chili which was really good. This from a devout carnivore. I asked Tony for recipe but he withheld with some excuse like "I just throw whatever I have in the pot". I think that was a ruse but I respect his wanting to keep it a secret, it's that good.

The last I heard of Rebecca she was schooling hard, if you read this RV I hope you are well and your schooling has progressed as planned.

I have not seen Ms. Vaughn since gee, a year ago November Madness ( I think that I have the time line correct) when Hotspice showed up at R Roy's with some delicious (and spicy) vegetarian chili which was really good. This from a devout carnivore. I asked Tony for recipe but he withheld with some excuse like "I just throw whatever I have in the pot". I think that was a ruse but I respect his wanting to keep it a secret, it's that good.

The last I heard of Rebecca she was schooling hard, if you read this RV I hope you are well and your schooling has progressed as planned.

Nailed it. She even missed my November party. Between work and going for Masters, busy busy busy. Not like some of us gadabouts. :whistle

Nailed it. She even missed my November party. Between work and going for Masters, busy busy busy. Not like some of us gadabouts. :whistle

I believe it was the April 09 tune-up party I saw her last. I so enjoy having the busy, busy, busy over and done and can now enjoy being a gadabout! :dance

i bet that's a blast. Good for you jumping at the chance to experience an ice ride.

TOTALLY COOL! Or is that cold?

Women on ice racers, go for it!! What ice (lake or river) are your pics taken on? Down near Fort Atkinson maybe? I have a Suzuki GN400 single ice bike that I ride on Lake Winnebago at Waverly and on the Fox River just north of Wrightstown. But for now, my ice bike is a art piece in my front atrium in my Green Bay home. I have not attempted racing, yet. I need better riding gear for that. But hey. somebody has to be the back marker. That little GN400 is a bugger to kick start in the cold though. I am always warm and pumped up by the ten plus kicks it take to fire it up! The bike is set up with proper 18" Kenda knobby tires with full liners and 1200 ice screws per tire. All the steet stuff is removed or literally cut off. From a distance it looks a bit like a Rotax flat tracker.

I'm a member of the Badgers in Appleton also, and teach the MSF program at FVTC and LTC.

Attachments

• Bikein 001.jpg
    Bikein 001.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 194
Well, here is one not so hot pic of me on the ice at Waverly, just putting around. On the scrambles track I have so far gotten up to 4th gear, maybe 50 mph (estimated, no speedo or tach). WHAT A HOOT!!

If you ever get an invite to try a bike properly set up for the ice you have to try it. More traction than a dirt bike in sand, and no speed limits other than your own fear factors.

Attachments

• Iceday 002.jpg
    Iceday 002.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 196
Opening an Old Post

I am a southern boy living in a Northern hell.... ok well maybe not that bad but I am southern and was wondering what tires next winter would be best for my 94 R110RS. I rode all year round in Va. Bch and Norfolk but this is a new world, even bought a AWD car when I got back from Iraq. AWD Dodge Magnum R/T....she's my lady but don't tell the wife..

I am a southern boy living in a Northern hell.... ok well maybe not that bad but I am southern and was wondering what tires next winter would be best for my 94 R110RS. I rode all year round in Va. Bch and Norfolk but this is a new world, even bought a AWD car when I got back from Iraq. AWD Dodge Magnum R/T....she's my lady but don't tell the wife..

Don't ride in ice and snow period. No tires will be adequate.

Boy do i miss those days...we had houghton and higgins lake, whitmore lake. all in michigan. i still putts around a bit with it when i get up ther, getting a lil older now though.

Back