• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

online classifieds

One reason I joined was to find a K100RS.
Is there a section of the BMWMOA website that lists bikes for sale? - or do I have to wait for my 1st (paper) issue to arrive?

brian thompson said:
One reason I joined was to find a K100RS.
Is there a section of the BMWMOA website that lists bikes for sale? - or do I have to wait for my 1st (paper) issue to arrive?

Hey Brian,

We don't, as of yet, have online classifieds.

In the meantime, I'd look at the marketplace at www.ibmwr.org.

There should be something you're looking for there, particularly at this time of year. And welcome to the MOA!

:wave

Ahh yes

Caught you - you heavy handed moderator! Well, I ain't gonna let you have the last word. Your thinly veiled "helpful advice" was nothing more than an attempt to highjack yet another thread - oh, you evildoer and all around bad guy.
Don't try it again Mister or we may ask you to volunteer even MORE of your time and energy.

Re: Ahh yes

Cliffy777 said:
Caught you - you heavy handed moderator! Well, I ain't gonna let you have the last word. Your thinly veiled "helpful advice" was nothing more than an attempt to highjack yet another thread - oh, you evildoer and all around bad guy.
Don't try it again Mister or we may ask you to volunteer even MORE of your time and energy.

Heh. You don't know the half of it....

:brow

Want a 85 K100RT?

Read your post wanting a K100RS and found this ad in the Chattanooga Times Free Press Newspaper. (Tennessee)

1985 K100RT, custom Italian Red paint, Corbin Heated Grips, too many accessories to list. Priced at $4800.00 phone (423) 227-7205.

No mention of miles on bike. Type in the newspaper name to access online classifieds if your are interested.

Kbasa, You aren't going to get the last WORD.:p

rs

-RS-

If you know a K100RS near Milwaukee WI (surrounding states)
I am willing to drive if I have to - but I am looking for one nearer to home.

thanks for the reply all the same
-ibmwr had a few that looked interesting
-ebaymotors had some
-cycle trader had a few as well

I'd rather buy from enthusiasts if possible
(better chance of good maintenance practices)
membership in groups like BMWMOA increases chances of the owner being an enthusiast

again thanks for the tips

Hi Brian,

The IBMWR people are enthusiasts for sure. Not only do they have a classified section that works pretty good, they have a compendium of tech advice - including at the bottom a list of things to check when buying a K100. It's worth taking a look before selecting your new toy.:newtoy :newtoy

Brian,

I posted a note on the Wisconsin BMW Club message board - it gets a fair amount of traffic and someone may know someone, etc. If I hear of anything I'll post it here, or you can check out the site yourself: http://www.wiscbmwclub.com/

BG

Cheez Louise there ya go AGAIN kbasa with the LAST WORD.

What is it by the way????:dunno (the last word that is)

Cuz I dunno!!

I was going to suggest ebay,there are always lots of bikes;and mostly who sells used beemers are dealers(who took them on trade and dont want them),wreckers(who buy wrecks and sell basket cases),and enthusiasts.

Good luck finding what you are looking at,you probably will!

Back