• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How many amateur radio operators out there?

NH7RO here, BK29 Hawaii -- Six Meters is my band! 82 countries worked on 50mhz my first two years here.

Now I'm looking for a mint, low miles R100GSPD for mainland trips which is the main reason I joined BMW MOA--to search the Flea Market ads.:wave

(I started out in 1970 with a 1965 R60/2, then a '73 R75/5 in 1973 and later a K100RS also bought new in1985; now am Beemerless until I find a GSPD)

Vy 73 de Jeff, NH7RO 6m WAZ, 6m WAC

Ftm-10r

Has anyone installed the new Yaesu FTM-10R?
Nice to see a radio for motorcycles.

Jeff
KT2K

Hmmm...I must have missed the actually installed and integrated posts - I'll re-read.

Thanks.

Jeff

KA1TOX

I usually run APRS on the bike as KA1TOX-10. Picture waiting for the ferry to Eastport, ME from Deer Island, NB last August. The Salty Fog Rally was amongst my Nova Scotia destinations and I hated to leave Canada.

dsc00863zz8.jpg

KB9RLT

I was looking at the FTM - 10R to put in the tail of the RT.
Way too expensive for a radio that needs expensive accesories to be useful on the bike.

Ham

WB8QYT here... spouse is KA8INA

I've been a ham since 1974 and wife since around 82, I think....

Nothing on the air now as spending too much time riding the '07 GS

I am an amateur radio

Hi SHHHhhhhhh Shhhhhhhh SHHHHHHHhhh over over Shhhhhhhhh HHHHhh lol:dance

Great call....almost sounds like hollering!

I'm proud of it...it's not a vanity call, it's what the FCC gave me when I upgraded to Extra after a few months as a Tech.:D It's super-slinky in code.

Amateur Radio/BMW

Have been licensed since 1976 with WN8BQT as a Novice, upgraded to Tech and WD8BQT, then to Advanced and changed call to KE8KF. Always thought of getting a vanity plate and the 2x2 license would fit a Michigan plate.
Had run some 2 meter on the R90s when I had a Luftmeister fairing, but went back too the stock fairing and pulled the radio equipment.
Currently have a K1300S on order and a set of Scala headsets for my wife and myself. Might look into bluetooth and radio this Summer once the novelty of the new bike starts to wear off.

Since I last posted in this thread in 07, I have changed from WB9VJA to W9BUD

Easier to remember :thumb

Back