• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How many amateur radio operators out there?

I coulda' been a cowboy!
I've noticed a few signatures on this which include amateur radio callsigns.

I don't know if this demographic has ever been explored, but how many "ham radio" license holders are there amongst our esteemed membership?

Please stand up to be counted!

I have never been licensed but I used to operate the club station at VE8RCS. I never had the desire to become licensed because I could envision my hard earned money going into radio gear. No license -- no reason to buy the gear. Now, if I had figured that out before I got my motorcycle license ;)

KC6BLF
Abandoned Advanced

I'm one.

KB1NBW- Bob

Anyone have any bike mounted radios?

I made a mount for my Yaesu VX2R, and now I'm looking for a helmet mike to use with it.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link.

I had them bookmarked at one time and then lost it and couldn't remeber what it was called.

I'm glad to have it back!

Thanks again

Bob Spink

1990 K75s

Got my general licence when I turned 16. Took a comuter train from NJ into NYC by myself to take the test given by the FCC. I remember having to send and receive 13 words a minute in Morse code. I was thrilled with myself riding back home with my new licence.

My call letters back then was WB2JGH. It's long expired, but great memories.

Back