• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Good airhead part sources?

B

BUBBAZANETTI

been away from the airhead game for a while, but my friend with whom i left my 84 R100 with on the west coast has begun the restoration process. aside from the dealer, what are good used/new parts sources for these machines. i gave him a laundry list of stuff he'll probably want to "look in to"

thanks!

From the Airhead list, I've been reading "testimonials" from people who have dealt with Ted Porter http://www.beemershop.com . Also seems to have parts in stock and definitely knows these bikes in and out...very Airhead friendly. He's on the Left Coast, Bay Area.

A place for used/salvage parts is Mike at http://www.airheadsalvage.com . He's in Austin, Tx.

I'll second the nod to Airhead Salvage. I've been to the shop and met Mike; he's a good guy (great riding nearby too!). Also talk to Matt at Boxerworks! He'll be at the National I think. Tell him The Veg sent you!
I've also had very good experiences with MotoBins, and it's true that despite the weak dollar and the long 'carriage' from England, they are still faster and less expensive than many US sources.
IBMWR ads are great too- deal directly with fellow enthusiasts, and at any given time you never know what you'll find there. I've both bought and sold there and as yet I've had nothing but good experiences.

A place for used/salvage parts is Mike at http://www.airheadsalvage.com . He's in Austin, Tx.

I'll second the nod to Airhead Salvage. I've been to the shop and met Mike; he's a good guy (great riding nearby too!).

Sorry 20774, and Veg, I have to be the first one to caution using Airhead Salvage. I ordered a part for my monoshock RT, and he sent me the part for the dual shock RT. I gave him the year up front and told him what I was looking for, yet he said it was my fault he sent me the wrong part. I would rather buy new from a dealer than give him any money for a good used part. His decision not to own up to his honest mistake (I know these happen). He was an arrogant SOB and refused to even talk about finding a solution, which has now bought him a lifetime (or at least several years) of bad PR.

It's not in your part of the country, but I get great service and good advice from Re-Psycle near Columbus, Ohio.

The owner has been salvaging BMW's for over 30 years, and has a huge inventory. Richard, the counter guy rides a /5 and is very knowledgeable. You can get almost any part used, but they have plenty of new parts that are still available.

They ship worldwide via the method you request, and usually get orders out same day. They're open till 7:00 (EST/EDT) most days (Closed Sunday & Wednesday).

www.re-psycle.com
614 873 1160

Rick
R65

For new parts, Bob's BMW has been excellent. They almost always have what I need and the parts are well packed and shipped fast.
My local dealer is a complete waste of time.

Back