Thread: GPS routes near the rally

Registered User Blacque Jacque Shellacque's Avatar

GPS routes near the rally

Its been decided. I am coming to the rally! I was wondering if any of you GPS geeks have created any handy routes of rides in wisconsin? The Kettle moraine ride suggested in Junes MOA issue would be a nice one in the ole GPS. Truth is I am lazy, thats why I am asking.

paul
    pickering, ont

This just crossed my computer. Pretty cool!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228886
    Sue Rihn #43753
    BMW MOA Ambassador; Candidate for Director 2018
    Sometimes it's the bend in the road that makes life worth the ride.

Dawgmiester

Great Northern Wis. paved road

This is my favorite road in Northern Wisconsin. It is a very smooth serviced Forest Service road that was paved/asphault a couple of years ago. The best part of the road is just over twenty miles long and full of outstanding twisties. There is never much traffic on this road. In fact, on a recent Saturday afternoon I was fishing on a lake near the road and not a single car went by for over an hour.
    The entire road is located in a National Forest. So a person can camp anywhere without a fee.
    I ride this road at least once a week and it is a very personal area to me as I grew up nearby.

P.M. me and I will let you know of a very easy access, yet nicely hidden campsite I use often. If you do not have a GPS or do not know how to use a .gpx file please P.M. and I will give you precise directions.

WATCH OUT FOR DEER A.K.A HOOF RATS AT DUSK!

The attached file is the best part of the road.
    Attached Files Attached Files